Gary Moore

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2349
edited February 2021 in Tributes
Sorry if I’ve missed this elsewhere, and I’ll be a little surprised if it hasn’t already been marked on a forum of this nature, but it’s 10 years today since we lost Gary. 

I know time flies, but that decade really has gone in the blink of an eye. 

Rest in peace one of the greatest of all time. 

Maybe this is also why Guitarist have struggled for content over the last 10 years?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Bloody hell, 10 years, I can't believe it!

Gary was amazing, I loved his blues playing, and I also have all his early solo albums on vinyl. I was SO into Wild Frontier when it came out.

I saw him live just the once, supporting the BBM album with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. 

He's one of those players that I sooooooo wish was still with us. 
  • I saw him three times. The best was on the Scars tour which was in a power trio with Darren Moody from Primal Scream and Cass Lewis from Skunk Anasie. I was mesmerised by Gary's playing; the feel and the touch he had was astounding, as was the volume. He was one of a kind.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    edited February 2021
    I still listen to the three Colosseum II albums and Back on the Streets,  possibly his finest playing 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1744
    He was fantastic.

And also responsible for my tinnitus - anyone who was at the front of a Gary Moore concert will know just how loud a couple of old Marshalls through a 4x12 can really be
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11288
    If he had lived, would Joe Bonamassa be as ubiquitous?
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Crikey, 10 years..?! :s
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited February 2021
    10 years, that's incredible!, where has that time gone. Time definitely moves faster the older you get, days fly by. Rest in peace Gary.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14177
    tFB Trader
    I saw him three times. The best was on the Scars tour which was in a power trio with Darren Moody from Primal Scream and Cass Lewis from Skunk Anasie. I was mesmerised by Gary's playing; the feel and the touch he had was astounding, as was the volume. He was one of a kind.
    Likewise I saw him 3 maybe 4 times - 1st time with Lizzy on the Black Rose tour - But a few times on his own, once in his rock days and twice in his 'blues' days - Never saw him with the Scars band but a great album and seriously under-rated even amongst GM fans
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    His Messiah will come again is just astonishing -I prefer it to Buchanan's which is incredible anyway
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    There was a boy in my class called Gary Moore - we called him  Oi - FE'VERES!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • 10 years as its been said here has gone by in a flash it seems. Back in 2010 there was talk of Gary doing a tour with his old rock band from the 87 Wild Frontier album and I was ready to get a ticket to go and then 2011 he passed and I was so upset that I never got to see him live. I envy anybody who has seen him live, For some reason on Christmas Day just gone I was thinking of Gary and listening to his music and got hooked watching his live Messiah Will Come video on youtube and got motivated to do a tribute to him so decided to have a bash at Messiah myself on my own Les Paul. RIP Gary, you'll always be with us in our hearts.

https://soundcloud.com/j-d-elliott/messiah-final
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4485
    Tremendous stuff, @Axe2Grind !
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I saw him twice: once in Greg Lake's band and once with Ian Paice & John Sloman.
  • HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 538
    Just the once for me. Victims of the Future tour at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1984. Excellent band with Neil Carter, Neil Murray and Ian Paice. I loved his cover versions as much as the original material. Shapes of Things and Wishing Well were superb.  The End of the World is just mind boggling.