SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 2005 Epiphone Les Paul Special Double Cutaway & SOLD 1966 Fender Mustang

What's Hot
TDubsTDubs Frets: 706
edited March 2021 in Guitars £
SOLD Epiphone Les Paul Special Double Cutaway

Another loft guitar, another tricky one to price as they seem rare.

Has some battle scars and the tuners have been replaced with undersized Kluson copies in its place. There is some sort of weird black wood filler where they are undersized. Previous owner gave me the original Grover tuners which are included but I never changed them back as I like the klusons copies even with the filler. The front and the back of the headstock also seem to have come into contact with something abrasive. 

Meaty guitar and all electrics are good. Set neck, not a bolt on. All round good time girl this one. Many a fun gig played with it.

No case so will need to be collected when safe!

£200?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cracking guitar for £200!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 706
    Cracking guitar for £200!
    Under priced?
    edited February 2021
    1966 Fender Mustang

The blurb from the original eBay add 10 years ago..,

The neck is straight, truss rod works, original finish, decal, tuners, maple neck with brazilian rosewood fretboard. The neck is stamped on the heel with original date stamp dating it to 1966 with a standard "B" width at the heel and a 24" scale. The guitar had a refret by the previous owner 10+ years ago. The body has been re- finished with no routes underneath and retaining its original contour. Ok job on the refinish and looks good on stage but this guitar would be worth an original color nitro lacquer job. The pots are dated 5th week of 1966 with original capactior. The control plate , knobs, tremolo (Pat pending), bridge and one switch is all original. One switch has been replaced. It has original grey bottom cloth wire pickups one dating to 66 and one to 65. Pickup covers also original. The original shielding is all there underneath guard also. The pickguard is original however the upper left coroner appears at one time was cracked or damaged and previous owner contour the guard at that point. The neckplate and screws are original and has the serial # 117938 "F" 

Back to me....No case on this (I’m not sure why I seem to have guitars with no case) so collection preferred (one restrictions are over) or can try and source one at buyers cost if you want it shipped.

£1,400

https://www.flickr.com/gp/192066971@N02/5r761v
  • Can’t offer collection at the moment due to covid restrictions 
    best remove that option before the admins see it 
    Can’t offer collection at the moment due to covid restrictions 
    best remove that option before the admins see it 
    Thanks. Have updated to collection once restrictions are over.
    Mustang now sold, thank you.