NGD'ish

What's Hot
Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
edited February 2021 in Acoustics

Newish guitar day that arrived to the stable a couple of weeks ago......

https://i.imgur.com/LUt3hnr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eD1iujS.jpg

Martin 000-15 special, the special part is the spruce top rather than mahogany with a simple satin finish.

It is very, very nice, and after giving it the usual strip down, clean and oil with new strings I have hardly put it down since.

Despite having played acoustic for almost 30 years I have never owned but always wanted a Martin as that was what my guitar heroes played just always held off as had a couple of Taylor's and didn't think it was "needed" however having moved a Taylor on there was a gap that needed filling!

What really surprised me is just how light it is especially compared to my Taylor 320e, it is feather light and the body resonates superbly when played, it has made me sit and fingerpick for the first time in years and rediscover the joy of simple acoustic playing. 

Also it is loud, I mean surprisingly loud for a small bodied guitar but the sound is fantastic and sounds exactly how I wanted it to, it simply is a joy to play.

So being my first foray into the world of Martin's...........very happy.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1190
    Looks fab, bet it sounds even better. Congrats!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Looks great - some lovely silking too 
    Red ones are better. 
  • JRgtarJRgtar Frets: 19
    Looks great. Out of interest, do you think you’ll still play your Taylor? I’ve got a Taylor, but considering one day adding a Martin to the collection, but not sure if that would be overkill 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    JRgtar said:
    Looks great. Out of interest, do you think you’ll still play your Taylor? I’ve got a Taylor, but considering one day adding a Martin to the collection, but not sure if that would be overkill 
    Definitely not overkill as they are different sounding guitars, I certainly wouldn't get rid of it and think I'll always play the Taylor as it is a lovely sounding mahogany dread which sounds deep and rich unlike what most think of a Taylor sound whereas the Martin is the opposite, crisp and clear.

I like the Martin as it is a no frills simple and honest acoustic, which feels super comfy to play and makes a perfect sofa type, "go to" guitar.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3614
    Very nice; I've got the "standard" version (000-15M) and feel exactly the same way about mine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom