The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    edited March 2021
    We're watching "Your Honor" at the moment. I find it intensely gripping, real edge of your seat stuff as everything goes from bad to much worse...
    I like it - we are 4 episodes in. 

Cranston is acting very much like Mr White from BB. It does apply and is still very good. Feels like bit of a deja but though...

Micheal Stuhlbarg - little underwhelming so far - I remember him from "Boardwalk Empire" and he certainly can be very convincing as a gangster... unless it's the wife that appears to be the mean one (so far). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Philly_Q said:
    Nitefly said:
    Philly_Q said:

I haven't felt like watching any drama recently so I've been watching Would I Lie To You? and Richard Osman's House of Games on iPlayer.  And old episodes of Tenable on ITV Hub.

I love game shows, so I thought I would give Gordon Ramsay's Bank Balance a go, even though I hate the leathery-faced, humourless bully...

Big mistake.  It's absolutely unbearable.  The game is shit, a thinly disguised version of The Million Pound Drop.  It's one of those shows where they encourage the contestants to babble incessantly, as if they're minor celebrities, but nobody's interested.  And Ramsay is his usual vile self.  Never, never again. 

@Philly_Q - yeah, but the comedy!   2 pilots playing last night, needed 2 answers for African countries beginning with a vowel. 

After a few seconds they got Uganda, then couldn't think of a second one.  One suggested "Mozambique?"...

Eventually they hit upon Egypt, but had left it too late so got timed out.

@Nitefly ; Aaargh, now I'm tempted to give it another go!  Maybe I'll get drunk first, to desensitise myself...
    OK, I gave in.  I have been watching Gordon Ramsay's Bank Balance.  The contestants manage to be both incredibly ignorant - with the questions - and mind-bogglingly stupid - with balancing the board.  Ramsay himself starts to feel almost tolerable in the face of so much idiocy.

Name a Dickens novel... "Moby Dick".  Name one of the 14 actors to have played Doctor Who... "Benedict Cumberbatch".

It's well-nigh impossible to win the big money, too.  The only ways to win are balancing all 12 stacks - which nobody's done yet - or by banking a single stack for £9k or £16k.  At least in The Million Pound Drop you could win anything between £0 and £1m. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I have just discovered "Taskmaster" and bloody love it !
    I can honestly say no other programme has had me laughing out loud as often as this has in years.... if ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    6 episodes in to 'Your Honor'. VERY tense stuff, although the kid is really starting to piss me off.

JUST LISTEN TO MR. WHITE FFS!!!!!
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    "The Last Dance" 

Great documentary. The amount of footage they have is incredible and the story telling is great. You'll probably get more out of it if your a sports fan but still a great documentary series on its own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Marcella season 3 - ITV. Cop drama with a heavy layering of psychodrama. Generally very good but as with a lot of things goes well over the top at the end.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1789
    I'm up to episode 3 of Debris. It's like X-files meets Lost.
    Debris from a wrecked alien spacecraft is falling to Earth and there are good guys and bad guys and the government forces all trying the get the bits as they have strange and unpredictable properties.
    Gripping.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5595
    Summer of Rockets was pretty good.  Six part drama now available on Netflix.  A bit different from the usual stuff and with a wonderful performance from Timothy Spall.  Mrs Haych and I quite enjoyed it.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5595
    And another...... Back to Life.  We binge watched this on a Sunday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Darkly funny and very well made, would highly recommend.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

@Haych ;I enjoyed Summer of Rockets as well.

Just started Das Boot - Sky Atlantic, very good so far. I'd prefer a bit more hot submarine action though!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    ennspek said:
    @Haych ;I enjoyed Summer of Rockets as well.

Just started Das Boot - Sky Atlantic, very good so far. I'd prefer a bit more hot submarine action though!
    I watched Das Boot (the remake), and thought it was good, but not worthy of being called the same name as the original.

Assuming you're on the first series however, and without spoiling things, episode 7 is superb, with Wrangel at his menacing best.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Mayans, season 3.

VRRROOOOM, VRRRRROOOOOOOOM *bang bang* *snooooooort* VROOOOOOOM.
    Falcon & Winter Soldier. Disney +.

Much more straightforward than Wandavision. Slick Marvel style bang crash wallop with a sprinkling of character development.
    Line of Duty day
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    What's up with sara pascoe's hands?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    What's up with sara pascoe's hands?
    Eh?
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1747
    ennspek said:
    Line of Duty day
    I think we'll wait until we can binge few episodes... I find that flow and details contribute to the story too much to watch it once every 7 days.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I’ve watched the previous series of LofD as box sets but did watch it tonight. Interesting timing...

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    ennspek said:
    Line of Duty day
    I think we'll wait until we can binge few episodes... I find that flow and details contribute to the story too much to watch it once every 7 days.
    I try but sometimes temptation gets the better of me. Also means I can use the bloody internet!
    @chillidoggy you weren't wrong about Das Boot!