Kim Thayil and Matt Cameron are back

What's Hot
MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3020
edited February 2021 in Music
A new Pretty Reckless (who I don't know much about. You can see the singer below though!) song features two of my favourite musicians. With the demise of Soundgarden, it's great to hear them together again on a record, and  a damn good song to boot, hell of a riff in 7/4 and a typical Thayil wah flurries solo. Love it. (Yes, I did find about about it on Rick Beato's channel)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was watchin Rick Beato go through the Rock top ten on Spotify and that was in there along with another Pretty Reckless track. 
    The only one of the ten that grabbed me at all was the Royal Blood one although Rick didn't seem to understand that it was a bass rather than guitar. But Rick was loving Only Love. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWeary said:
    I was watchin Rick Beato go through the Rock top ten on Spotify and that was in there along with another Pretty Reckless track. 
    The only one of the ten that grabbed me at all was the Royal Blood one although Rick didn't seem to understand that it was a bass rather than guitar. But Rick was loving Only Love. 

Perhaps I should post Beato's video too, for discussion, what do you make of the rock top ten?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A new Pretty Reckless (who I don't know much about. You can see the singer below though!) song features two of my favourite musicians. With the demise of Soundgarden, it's great to hear them together again on a record, and  a damn good song to boot, hell of a riff in 7/4 and a typical Thayil wah flurries solo. Love it. (Yes, I did find about about it on Rick Beato's channel)

Re edit your post to put the link back in!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw this on Rick’s channel last night. Made me want to check out the whole songs for a few of them, and this was certainly one of ‘em. 

I do tend to listen to my old favourites a lot without seeking out anything new, I know I should rectify that!
  • I think Grandson is in that top10. I think it's only Rock in a very general sense but I'd stumbled across him elsewhere and he's interested in making quite liberal ( by US standards at least) statements against Trump, concern about the environment, etc, so I was quite surprised that he's obviously quite a well known artist and getting that many plays on Spotify.   

I did wonder if it might also include a few highly streamed rock classics ( Bo Rap or something) but it didn't, although whether Spotify would only include new music in that chart I don't know.       
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982

EricTheWeary said:
    I was watchin Rick Beato go through the Rock top ten on Spotify and that was in there along with another Pretty Reckless track. 

Perhaps I should post Beato's video too, for discussion, what do you make of the rock top ten?

#9 Estella by KennyHoopla was my favourite of the bunch.