Can anyone help identify this Gibson?

What's Hot
...specifically the dreadnought that Rick Beato's holding in the thumbnail and at the start of the video.

I thought it might be a J-50 but the neck binding and split parallelograms don't seem common. There's every possibility that it's either a) old or b) come from the custom shop (I suspect the former) but it'd still be interesting to have any insight.

Thanks all!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gibson Southern Jumbo iirc

Lovely guitars
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4159
    Also needed a couple of shots at spelling 'parallelograms' so at least I've learned one thing today. :)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4159
    @stickyfiddle - got it in one, thank you. It seems they did make a reissue in the 90's but stopped. It really is a lovely looking guitar.
  • It's his Gibson Country Western.

I've only ever listened to it on my phone but I'm pretty sure it's the greatest acoustic I've ever heard. I want it/one.

Having done a brief search of the UK, you can find one from a similar period with a few minor issues for £6-£7k.

The Southern Jumbo is essentially the same guitar, just in sunburst rather than natural.
  • Just re-read your post. I think Rick's is 195-something. There's a video of him and two other guys sat in a row where he talks about it (sorry that's so vague!!)