SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2000 Post Cunetto Fender Custom Shop John Cruz Relic - Today £1995

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited March 2021 in Guitars £

An absolutely stunning Guitar this... Comes from very early 2000. It's just post Cunetto, from when the guys at the Custom Shop decided to do their own Relics instead of sending them out. The quality is second to none in this period. Look at the flamed Maple Neck.

It has all the period relic stamps, John Cruz stamps, and tremolo cavity John Cruz Quality Assurance markings. It's a very faithful '56 Stratocaster reissue. It's all original, and plays beautifully. Very easy guitar to play. There is some fret wear, but doesn't affect play.

Select Alder Body with a Nitrocellulose lacquer finish

Top grade flamed Maple Neck with a ’56 profile very soft V 10/56 shape, feels like a C, with 1.650” Nut width, 21 vintage style  Frets. Black dots with wide spacing, and vintage style Truss Rod with Walnut Plug.

‘50s Custom Shop single coil Strat Pickups with staggered Poles.

Vintage style Bridge with Fender reverse direction stamps.

1-ply, 8 Hole Pickguard.

Replacement Custom Shop Hardcase.

Weighs 7lb 6.2oz

'56 reissues don't get much better, and it's an absolute bargain price for something this nice. I'm only selling as I have things to pay for, otherwise...

Only £1995

Now SOLD

Thanks to the buyer, and to the forum.

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30858
    Absolute show stopper

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8786
    Hot damn
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7102
    edited February 2021
    Beautiful that, perfect colour combination.

EDIT - what a schoolboy error, sorry Mike I meant to post that on @bgmartinsbridge 's FS post as I'm a sucker for pale blue with a tort guard.

Not that yours isnt gorgeous of course, I just better clarify in case people think I'm going mad
  • That's a stunner 
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    edited February 2021
    My old guitar. I'd love it back but it seems that every time it changes hands it goes up by £300!! I do think some close-ups of the fret wear woudl be helpful, I was always mindful of this when I was selling it (although I got the action pretty low regardless!!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited February 2021
    danny_777 said:
    My old guitar. I'd love it back but it seems that every time it changes hands it goes up by £300!! I do think some close-ups of the fret wear woudl be helpful, I was always mindful of this when I was selling it (although I got the action pretty low regardless!!)

Sorry mate, don't know if it was just tongue in cheek, I bought this from Steve on the forum, elsewhere, and it's certainly not £300 more than I paid him. If I've paid him £300 more than he's paid you, then C'est la vie. :3

Beautiful that, perfect colour combination.

EDIT - what a schoolboy error, sorry Mike I meant to post that on @bgmartinsbridge 's FS post as I'm a sucker for pale blue with a tort guard.

Not that yours isnt gorgeous of course, I just better clarify in case people think I'm going mad
    I can easily forgive you Con, Brad's @bgmartinsbridge ;Strat is a beautiful thing. It's obviously bedazzled you. =)

• MikeS said:
    danny_777 said:

Sorry mate, don't know if it was just tongue in cheek, I bought this from Steve on the forum, elsewhere, and it's certainly not £300 more than I paid him.   If I've paid him £300 more than he's paid you, then C'est la vie, more fool me. 3
    Sorry Mike I didn't mean that! I was more commenting on the fact that this era of CS strats are rapidly appreciating - I only bought it a year ago. It's a great guitar with a wonderful neck profile.
  • Stunning!!

interested in any trades?
    edited March 2021
    Stunning!!

interested in any trades?

No trades just now, but thanks.

Thanks @jemstar555  lovely guitar but not for me just now 

• MikeS said:
    Thanks @jemstar555  lovely guitar but not for me just now 
    No problemo :)
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    I'm not usually drawn to sunburst finishes, but....
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 554
    Beautiful . . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Stunning!
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 360
    So glad my bank account is positively vestigial! There’s some beauties on here at the moment. This is one of the most tempting as is the Ric. Loverly! 
    edited March 2021
    Still available

Still available 

• KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Nice sent a pm