Does this seem like a good deal?

What's Hot
TeacherphilTeacherphil Frets: 128
edited February 2021 in Acoustics
Ive been looking at buying a new acoustic, a Gibson Hummingbird or dove. The Doves seem to be a bit too expensive until I spotted this one. The Frank Hannon Love Dove. I saw it when it was released but they were about 4.5k. This one is almost half that and brand new. Way overpriced originally or a bargain?
https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/210218366898025--gibson-frank-hannon-love-dove
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Can’t understand that price difference, the expensive one seems to be the same guitar, not a custom shop. No run of the mill Gibson is ever 4K. 
    The one on Gibsons site is $5.3k BUT the label is signed and the truss rod cover is custom engraved (yawn) ..think we just found the missing 2 grand

Looks nice though, recent Gibsons have been very impressive and it looks a higher spec than the 50s original J45 which is nearly that price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it's a misprice but I've put down a deposit. Bring on the love dove.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    They lost me at 'thermally aged'.

You should be able to find a perfectly good Dove second hand for a couple of grand or so I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TeacherphilTeacherphil Frets: 128
    edited March 2021
    I had an email from guitarguitar this morning telling me it was a misprice. Real price £3799 which is more than 1k more. I'll keep looking.
  • I'd push them to honour their original offer. Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Contract when I was at college.
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    I'd push them to honour their original offer. Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Contract when I was at college.
    Acting like a hawk to snare the dove, eh? Good luck! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    I'd push them to honour their original offer. Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Contract when I was at college.
    Yeah: @Teacherphil offered.  They rejected.  No contract, sadly :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:

Oh, I see. I thought the offer was the displayed price, the acceptance was the sending of the deposit and the consideration the downpayment with a promise to pay. Too long since I was at college :)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    JerkMoans said:

Oh, I see. I thought the offer was the displayed price, the acceptance was the sending of the deposit and the consideration the downpayment with a promise to pay. Too long since I was at college :)
    The courts swerved that one by determining that goods on display at price £x were merely an ‘invitation to treat’, one consequence of which was to save shops from being bound by erroneous price tags :sunglasses: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer