SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All now sold: A Wheelbarrow full of interesting and unique amps

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
edited November 2021 in Amps £ tFB Trader
Right, bit of a workshop clearout here. As far as I understand it, these all have to be in one thread to comply with the rules, so here goes...

First up these two Paisley Combos.

Here we have a great and unique amplifier. It's roughly based around the Fender Champ 5f1 circuit, but features two separate output valves, each with it's own volume control. Turn the 6v6 up on it's own for vintage champ sounds. Turn the EL84 up for brighter Marshall style rock, or have endless fun blending the two. Or just turn both up full and rock out!

Circuit and cabinet are built from scratch by me. Hand-wired with quality components throughout. 

Cab is constructed from pine with a thin speaker baffle so it sounds alive and dynamic. It's finished in a tough paisley pattern fabric, guaranteed to stand out on stage. 

Speaker is a lovely vintage alnico Elac 10" which works well to enhance the tone and vibe of this combo.

£600 seems about right for this. Actually it seems really cheap, but I'm clearing the workshop!

Next another paisley creation ...

Here we have a great and unique amplifier. It's roughly based around the Fender Champ 5f1 circuit, but features an octal preamp valve for a fatter tone and a little more gain. Also has built in power scaling - you can switch the voltage to 50 or 10% for lower volume rock. 

This is a real vintage toned amp, works really well with a telecaster or les paul straight in. Forget your pedal board and have some fun. 

Full on distortion is bordering on fuzzy, tons of fun to play, but don't be expecting to shred on it! Shove a treble booster in front and really push the valves, really is a  joy.

Circuit and cabinet are built from scratch by me. Hand-wired with quality components throughout. 

Cab is constructed from pine with a thin speaker baffle so it sounds alive and dynamic. It's finished in a tough paisley pattern fabric, guaranteed to stand out on stage. 

Speaker is a lovely vintage alnico Elac 10" which works well to enhance the tone and vibe of this combo.

Silly cheap £600 for this too.
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Next up some mini-amps. Perfect for lockdown rock ...

Jaffa cake micro ... tiny terror circuit made even tinier. Full on orange tone with a 1w output section. 

£325 would do it

AC4 head - simplified and stripped down Vox Ac4 circuit. EF86 preamp and EL84 output for jangly, crunchy goodness. 

£325 or offers near.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Lastly for now a Bassman/JTM45 Mini head

This is a lovely one. Can either be a  Bassman circuit by using a 12AY7 in the front end or a more gainy JTM45 if you change that to a 12AX7.

Output is switchable between 2 and 4 watts by taking one of the 6n6p out of the equation. 2 watts to rock out at home, 4 for more headroom and volume if needed. 

Gain, master volume and full TMB tonestack, which can be defeated for an increase in gain and volume. 

All hand-wired and hand made by myself.  

£400 or offers thereabouts would be lovely. 
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bloody love those Paisley Combos! And I hate Paisley lol. They look great! Nice work :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    You do some very funky and cool stuff
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5770
    Achingly beautiful stuff, all of them <3
  • Any demos of the Bassman/JTM45 one?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11599
    tFB Trader
    Wonderful stuff!

Was I the only person disappointed not to see a wheelbarrow though?

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonderful stuff!

Was I the only person disappointed not to see a wheelbarrow though?
    No, I wanted a barrow too!  Lovely amps though. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I always enjoy seeing these, brilliant. Sadly I have no need.
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 511
    Are you still making pedals Dan? I'm still rocking two you built for me donkeys years ago
    tFB Trader
    MrTee said:
    Are you still making pedals Dan? I'm still rocking two you built for me donkeys years ago
    Certainly am. Which pedals did I build you? 
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 511
    MrTee said:
    Certainly am. Which pedals did I build you? 

My Chewbacca 108 sunface clone and PF Wall themed Mojohand Iron bell clone. Great pedals! 
    Amps look tidy by the way, good luck with the sales 
    tFB Trader
    Bump from the dead. All sold apart from the Jaffa Cake Micro - I'll take any silly offers for it. Early Black Friday and all that...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5770
    Not sure how relevant to the Jaffa it is but I have the one at the top and it's a brilliant little amp.
    tFB Trader
    Cheers for the interest guys, all amps now sold :)

D