SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

No longer looking - Automatone

What's Hot
brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
edited February 2021 in FX £
Know there are some about on ebay, just checking here first!

Thanks
Bruce
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You nutter! First dibs to me when you sell it. 
  • IndieeIndiee Frets: 13
    i saw one on ebay.   I got mine a month ago, LOVE it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You nutter! First dibs to me when you sell it. 
    haha. I saw your name come up and assumed you must have one for sale LOL :)

I just figured I could sell all my drives and have one pedal with presets to be honest. 
  • brucegill said:
    You nutter! First dibs to me when you sell it. 

I just figured I could sell all my drives and have one pedal with presets to be honest. 
    You'll need some kind of MIDI switcher to take advantage of the presets properly, or navigating though them can be tedious. I returned mine as it broke, but it's an incredible box of noise. Will defo get another at some point....kinda like the idea of having a board with the 2 Automatone pedals on and a good delay (maybe an Automatone Delay is next?)

Interesting why 3 have popped up on ebay at the same time and there pretty much hasn't been on for sale 2nd hand before that, aside from the one Varun was selling a few weeks ago.
  • Vintage-T said:
    brucegill said:
    haha. I saw your name come up and assumed you must have one for sale LOL

You'll need some kind of MIDI switcher to take advantage of the presets properly, or navigating though them can be tedious. I returned mine as it broke, but it's an incredible box of noise. Will defo get another at some point....kinda like the idea of having a board with the 2 Automatone pedals on and a good delay (maybe an Automatone Delay is next?)

Interesting why 3 have popped up on ebay at the same time and there pretty much hasn't been on for sale 2nd hand before that, aside from the one Varun was selling a few weeks ago.
    yeah, really strange how they all started to pop up for sale! Guess the honeymoon period is up. What was the problem with yours? 

Ive got the MC8, so thats me covered for MIDI :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    tFB Trader
    I misread this as Otamatone which are much cooler :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-T said:
    brucegill said:

The two Automatone pedals and an MF-104M in between: the board you'd never let leave the house...
  • Well I cant leave the f'ing house anyway! haha
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    There are 4 on ebay right now, I think its going to turn out to be one of the most flipped pedals in history!!!!
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
    edited February 2021
    Esker said:
    There are 4 on ebay right now, I think its going to turn out to be one of the most flipped pedals in history!!!!
    I think, with those 4, I've seen 6 in total up for sale since release. no doubt more than that I've not seen on ebay. But not sure thats surprising. I think there are 3 Duelists on here at the moment! 
  • Vintage-T said:
    brucegill said:

The two Automatone pedals and an MF-104M in between: the board you'd never let leave the house...
    Stopped making any sound, it was so odd. Tried numerous power supplies different cables and amps, nada. So it went back. I was gutted.
  • @Vintage-T Imagine forking out £600 + for a second hand one on eBay and then it dying on you. @brucegill Cancel my dibs. Scary! 
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 712
    edited February 2021
    Yeah, got to admit, waiting for a new one does look like a good idea for some warranty. 

@Vintage-T thanks for the info
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 265
    edited February 2021
    brucegill said:
    Yeah, got to admit, waiting for a new one does look like a good idea for some warranty. 

@Vintage-T thanks for the info
    Plus buying new also means you get to try out in your own environment with all your own gear, and if you aren't happy you can take it back. I hate returning stuff and I try to avoid it, but £749 for a pedal? I'd say you are entitled to be sure it's for you.

And if it is for you, you can sell your 3 other drive pedals and buy 6 more like you know you will however good the thing is. 
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    Plus 700 seems to be going rate used....I know I’d rather pay the extra for new, and I suspect it won’t be too long now till there is some chase bliss stock around...I had the Brothers twice and the Condor, but came to the conclusion they gave me option paralysis.
  • brucegill said:
    Well I cant leave the f'ing house anyway! haha
    Very good point. I just keep thinking a £700+ drive pedal is just mad (although I’ve got a Brothers which isn’t exactly cheap).
  • brucegill said:
    Well I cant leave the f'ing house anyway! haha
    Very good point. I just keep thinking a £700+ drive pedal is just mad (although I’ve got a Brothers which isn’t exactly cheap).
    Thing is, and don’t get me wrong, £700 is bonkers. But. RYRA Klone, Barbershop, Benson preamp and Benson Fuzz = £750ish (new). I don’t generally stack gains. 

I did love the Brothers. Cracking pedal. 
  • It’s £705 from Soundgas when they have stock
  • Vintage-T said:
    brucegill said:

I must say I don't agree with this. Ive found it really easy to use, especially with the feature that gives you almost unlimited options with presets. 

The biggest and only downside (apart from cost) is the size !!!

=)

• Vintage-T said:
    brucegill said:

I must say I don't agree with this. Ive found it really easy to use, especially with the feature that gives you almost unlimited options with presets. 

The biggest and only downside (apart from cost) is the size !!!

=)

It’s certainly not hard to use. I was more thinking that if you wanted to switch from say preset 1 to 4 to 3 unless you’re doing it via midi its a few stomps to get there. I found the going up through presets to get back to earlier ones a bit tedious but i guess if you didn’t have a way of switching directly to the preset you wanted, you could just line them up order?