SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Baja Telecaster

What's Hot
Hi all. 

I've owned 50s and 60s Baja Telecasters years ago and now I would like to give them another go. Any Baja teles around? 

I looked at the Fender Vintera series but haven't tried one out and I don't really want to buy new without trying it first.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AFAIK/"I was under the impression that" the 50's 60's bajas -> vintera modified so I'm personally not sure if theres much difference. 
  • I believe the Vintera series have satin necks, vs the Baja had gloss lacquer.

Also the Baja series were "custom shop pick-ups".
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    You still get the twisted tele neck pickup in the new modified vinteras, but not the broadcaster bridge pickup.

As others have mentioned, satin back necks on the new vinteras which I think is an improvement. About my inly complaint of the Bajas was the tick finish on the neck and body. But yes, the modified vinteras are a Baja in all but name.
  • Gerz6558 said:
    You still get the twisted tele neck pickup in the new modified vinteras, but not the broadcaster bridge pickup.

As others have mentioned, satin back necks on the new vinteras which I think is an improvement. About my inly complaint of the Bajas was the tick finish on the neck and body. But yes, the modified vinteras are a Baja in all but name.
    Yes - I could see that. Shame as I liked the broadcaster pup. 
    Haven't heard the "CS vintage single coil" one though so can't say whether they're any worse.
  • JiJoeJiJoe Frets: 6
    Hi Kris
    I may be selling a Baja shortly. I bought it just over a year ago. It's in perfect condition 7.2lbs - not even a scratch. Excellent example. Will get back to you shortly if I decide to sell it to see if you're still looking for one. 

Cheers
  • I didn't think the Vintera Teles had the 4 way switch/s1 switching, so no out of phase etc. I love Baja Teles. Awesome for the money. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4670

All more than I paid for a brand new one and more than I sold it for too :(

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • I didn't think the Vintera Teles had the 4 way switch/s1 switching, so no out of phase etc. I love Baja Teles. Awesome for the money. 
    Yea, they were awsome when you could buy a used one for £350.........
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    A Baja just popped up on FB marketplace..
    Pretty sure the modified does
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Pretty sure the modified does
    You're absolutely right mate!
  • I have a Vintera Modified Tele and I can confirm they have the S1 switch and 4 way switching. 
    The necks are slightly slimmer and satin. 
    Really noisy at high gain but cavity shielding sorted that out brilliant. 
    I love my baby cos she does good sculptures!