SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All gone - Fender Offset Mustang (MIM) plus cheap Squier FSR Bullet Tele (Esquire withdrawn)

DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
edited October 2021 in Guitars £

Sorry about the formatting - everything suddenly switched to huge font and this was the best fix I could find without risking losing the whole post !

I have two very nice Fenders to move on to restore a bit more balance to my bank account (actually the Mustang belongs to my Mrs but she is as skint as me right now !)

By my standards they have stuck around for a while - the Tele because of the light weight (just under 7.5 lb), classic looks, great looking resonant premium ash body , nice U shaped neck and the very good balance between the two pickups. The Mustang is just a great sounding in front of the TV on the sofa guitar and more importantly to my ears captures that Alex Chilton sound really well.

The Esquire is one of MikeS 's exes and only sold to the European market and afaik is one of only 93 made . It has a Lindy Fralin mini Humbucker in the neck position (Broadcaster in the bridge) but also comes with it's additional Esquire pickguard for an easy change back to stock.

Both play really well with good frets and action, the Mustang having never left the house is in great shape, the Tele has a bit of nitro checking , some natural ageing (its about 10 years old and nitro) and a few minor lacquer dings that you cant really see unless you are looking.

The Esquire comes with its fairly well used dedicated anniversary case and candy , the Mustang as is but will be boxed and packed with a skill level far superior to that of my photography.  You know the drill, my camera phone is a shocker but if you need any close ups just let me know and I'll do my best

My son is definitely selling his FSR Bullet Tele now as his new 8 string monstrosity has settled in nicely . It’s one of thr limited edition ones , not sure what the difference isn’t to stock but it was just short of £150 new and its mint. It really does sound and play superbly . I thought about keeping it and ditching my Esquire but I miss that lovely maple board.

Price wise - Esquire withdrawn Mustang £450 plus shipping , FSR Squier Tele £100 inc shipping (I’ll remove the neck and chuck in some new Ernie ball 9s)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Couple of maple neck lookers there. Esquires ROCK. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for a cheap Bullet that’s stupidly good for the money.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5733
    Those Bullet Teles have some kind of magic sprinkled on them or something. They have no right being as much fun or as rockin’ tele sounding as they are. 
  • Thanks Daz, they are stupidly cheap for what you get. Great satin neck, nice frets and the pickups are great and the volume and tone controls work from 1 right through to 10
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
    Withdrawn because of spectacular lack of interest! :-)

May end up gifting the Tele to a nephew and haggling with the Mrs for the Mustang
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    We just can't keep up with your turnover! 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7110
    Sesh said:
    We just can't keep up with your turnover! 
    I ‘add liquidity’ Sesh or in this case my son and Mrs do !
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2396
    Ah, found it.... squire bullet tele available still? 
  • Bugger I’m really sorry Sarge that went a while ago - I’ll update the title .

• SargeSarge Frets: 2396
    Bugger I’m really sorry Sarge that went a while ago - I’ll update the title .

no worries, thanks.