Show us your dogs.

What's Hot

Comments

• westfordwestford Frets: 580
    @TTBZ those puppy paws are too adorable!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited February 2021
    @Axe_meister yep, she's bloody hard work! We rehomed her from a breeder who no longer wanted her to breed. Considering she's from a show background we thought she'd at least be a bit trained and disciplined but it's like starting from scratch, only she's 6 so it doesn't go in quite as easily. The puppy is proving much quicker to train already. We're getting there though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Truffle the labradoodle (whitish, left) and Indiana the bernedoodle (black, right). 

A rare picture of the pair of them together, manipulated to pose by means of a proffered apple core.

To put the creature on the right in context, Truffle is about the size of a golden retriever. Indie is not yet 5 months old...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7141
    Lottie, my personal bacon monitor/tester

https://i.imgur.com/i1Sz1nk.jpg

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonderful pics, which have made me very jealous (in the nicest possible way).

Mrs 001 has an asthma linked allergy to cats and dogs. However...she has been inhaler free for a few years now, so we live in hope we may be able to get a Russian Blue or a Daschund.

Actually we would love a Chihuahua/Whippet cross...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Is that a real thing?  I'm trying to imagine.

We had a black chihuahua when we were kids, I still miss her.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Post-trim

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Quite an established cross, although I think they look like a whippet that’s had it's nose pushed in. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Philly_Q said:

Quite an established cross, although I think they look like a whippet that’s had it's nose pushed in. 
    I've just been Googling.  Interesting how sometimes the whippet characteristics seem to dominate, other times the chihuahua.

Actually some of them look a bit like our chihuahua, she was quite a lean and long-legged example of the breed.
  • TTBZ said:
    @Axe_meister yep, she's bloody hard work! We rehomed her from a breeder who no longer wanted her to breed. Considering she's from a show background we thought she'd at least be a bit trained and disciplined but it's like starting from scratch, only she's 6 so it doesn't go in quite as easily. The puppy is proving much quicker to train already. We're getting there though.
    They are stubborn but such lovable rogues. Not a bad bone in their body, which alas is my they use them for animal testing, they won't turn on the handlers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

I've just been Googling.  Interesting how sometimes the whippet characteristics seem to dominate, other times the chihuahua.

Actually some of them look a bit like our chihuahua, she was quite a lean and long-legged example of the breed.
    Funny how you could hardly give some crosses away once upon a time and now they are the desirable dogs. We think ours is Westie-JR cross who then got pregnant by a JR so he’s 1/4 Westie. Sort of a Jack Wussell. 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    edited February 2021

Currently have two lurchers. Bedlington whippet crosses. Unfortunately lost the lab last year, but 15 was a good age.

The lurchers have a great temperament, but a strong prey drive kicked in when they were about a year old. My boy came in after walking them one day explaining how he had to kill a squirrel that one caught and dropped, twitching at his feet.
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Ouch - that’s a bit harsh. Come on, they are as cute as a bag of buttons - those ears !

Wish they were called ‘Chippets’ though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Our little one is a Shitzu cross Jack Russel (Jack Shit) crossed with a Dachshund.
    The mum had a bit of a holiday romance with a few different dogs. His sister's are all Cocker Jack Shits
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Ouch - that’s a bit harsh. Come on, they are as cute as a bag of buttons - those ears !

Wish they were called ‘Chippets’ though.
    All dogs are cute ( well, maybe not the slobbering, big bitey ones so much). Yes, I was disappointed that they don’t seem to have a fun name like Whihuahua. 
  • TTBZ said:

Our two enjoying the sun today!
    @TTBZ what breed is the puppy?
    We’ve got a German Hunting Terrier, similar colouring. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited February 2021
    benvall said:
    @TTBZ what breed is the puppy?
    We’ve got a German Hunting Terrier, similar colouring. 
    Just your standard Jack Russell terrier with black & tan colouring! Have had a few dogs over the years (had to rehome a couple too as they had issues with our kids) but I really love this breed the most. So easy going, easy to train and a nice manageable size. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16091

Currently have two lurchers. Bedlington whippet crosses. Unfortunately lost the lab last year, but 15 was a good age.

The lurchers have a great temperament, but a strong prey drive kicked in when they were about a year old. My boy came in after walking them one day explaining how he had to kill a squirrel that one caught and dropped, twitching at his feet.
    I love lurchers
    a Bedlington Lurcher is the real deal....very traditional Lurcher Cross.Fantastic working Lurchers .
     We used to do a bit of Lure Coursing with our Hounds and I always enjoy watching the Bedliington Lurchers at it .......esp Greyhound Bedlington compared to the smaller Whippett Luchers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scottyproscottypro Frets: 23
    edited February 2021
    Wish I could post images EASY
  • stonevibe said:
    Lottie, my personal bacon monitor/tester

https://i.imgur.com/i1Sz1nk.jpg

What a study in focus and concentration!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom