Plugin Alliance VST recommendations?

What's Hot
I see Plugin Alliance have (another) sale on - any recommendations\stand out plugins in their range? 

All Plugins & Products - Plugin Alliance (plugin-alliance.com)
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    They have so many plugs, and everyone has such different tastes and requirements, that you might get lots of answers. I've not used them all (or even a majority) so here's my two pence and a sachet of salt to take with it.

Plugs I love:

Lindell 80 - the best all-round Neve console emu I've tried, only annoyance is the knobs move very quickly with the mouse so it's hard to dial in less than about 1/2 db change.

BX_N - this is based on a more modern neve, and it is immensely useful. The compressor is precise without being lifeless, and the EQ is very easy to use, with sharp shelf filters and mid bands that can go even tighter than SSL's channel EQs for removing resonances.

TE100 - Nothing else does what this EQ does, it's got very unique filter shapes and a very good analogue emulation.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Snap ;

I would also add the Townhouse compressor, which is great bus compressor. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Scaler is amazing
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    the SSL consoles are gold, VH4 sim, Lion..dont really use much else of their stuff.

SSL-E is all over the album I just made though
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Cheers - will check those out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    My plugin alliance vouchers are looking tempting..does anyone have good things to say about the townhouse compressor?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    @LightB4sound ;  does ^ ... right up there  B)

I've demoed it, and liked it. But since I'm happy and familiar with IK's SSL bus comp, I passed. The GUI isn't amazing - lots of empty space and small controls, but the sound is good.

Problem is, to justify the sub model they exclude the ones I'd be really excited about from the deals - Lindell API 50  and Shadow Hills Class A. I'd buy them at $29.99 any day. 
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    If you're looking for comps I quite like the VSC-2 compressor
    versatile but good on drums in particular.
  • stratologystratology Frets: 181
    Favourites are the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, ProAudio DSM, bx-subsynth, and Lindell 6X-500.

The many others that didn't make the favourites list are all great. Overall quality is so good that it's hard to go wrong with anything from PA. 

Cirrus said:

Problem is, to justify the sub model they exclude the ones I'd be really excited about from the deals - Lindell API 50  and Shadow Hills Class A. I'd buy them at $29.99 any day. 
    I compared the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor with the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor Class A, much preferred the 'regular', not Class A version...
    I haven't tried the regular one, how do they differ? I was using the class A on the master bus, and was finding that it did exactly what I wanted to when the GR knobs were barely twitching.
    I used shadow hills mastering compressor on most of the tracks on the album I just did. I'm not sure I was getting the most out of it though, it seems pretty subtle and I think any effect it was having was being absolutely dwarfed by oxford inflator. Used JST mix glue on some tracks too. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Cirrus said:
    I haven't tried the regular one, how do they differ? I was using the class A on the master bus, and was finding that it did exactly what I wanted to when the GR knobs were barely twitching.
    When I tried them, I found the Class A slightly more distorted, in an annoying way. 
    I've used the non-class A version on tracks (e.g. vocals), parallel group compression busses, and maybe occasionally on the mix bus.

Favourites for bus compression remain the PSP Buspressor and PSP Oldtimer, but I've used others, depending on the mix, including U-He Presswerk, Townhouse, Scheps Omni Channel, Waves Puigchild, PSP Mastercomp, etc.

I used shadow hills mastering compressor on most of the tracks on the album I just did. I'm not sure I was getting the most out of it though, it seems pretty subtle and I think any effect it was having was being absolutely dwarfed by oxford inflator. 
    One more advantage of Plugin Alliance is their easy, no-nonsense installation and copy protection - the complete opposite of iLok protected plugins like the Sonnox Oxford plugs (or the insane Waves Update Plan).

I had iLok screw up my whole system with their crappy software once, so it's zero tolerance for this unnecessary, outdated nonsense these days...

I've also been migrating away from Waves to better companies like Plugin Alliance because of WUP. The plugin market is highly competitive, with lots of excellent products, no need to remain with companies that screw over paying customers, IMHO.
    oh yeah waves can do one..i actively try to avoid using waves because i cant have a 2nd copy on my laptop. I still have a few things like the CLA compressors and rbass that I dont have replacements for though. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    Do they still have the SPL Transient Designer?

If so, that's a must have.