Guitar tool

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
Hi guys.  Anyone have one of these and are they any good ( ie solid, don't slip or chew up/ damage parts?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Bass-Steel-Tuner-Knob-Jack-Switch-Spanner-Wrench-Pins-Puller-Remover-UK-/363048726756?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I do - be very very careful if using straight on finish (don't ask me how I know....). Definitely tape the area around the nut you're working on. Or get the MusicNomad one that has some sort of felt on the bottom (I think).

In general, and unless you want this work on a switchcraft toggle nut, I would get the MusicNomad Octopus tool. All the right sizes for pots, machineheads, jacks etc, in nylon so unlikely to scratch anything. It really is an awesome tool if you want an "all-in-one" kind of thing. Been a revelation for me, saves you from always trying to locate the right screwdriver, spanner, etc. Well worth the money.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Worth it at that price. Not so much the one tool to do it all, but a useful one to have

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I also have one and rate them highly for how little they cost. But I also echo PonchoGreg's comments. Tape it up if you care for the finish of your guitar.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    edited March 2021
    I have the.MusicNomad one but you can’t really tell what the quality of that is in comparison. It’s great for Gibson-style pickup switches but not an ideal tool for much else. The Octopus 8 in 1 is worth getting, most of the hex nut spanners you need in high density plastic rather than metal (which could scratch a finish) and a convenient screwdriver in the two most useful sizes.
  • I also have the MusicNomad one, it’s a handy little tool! I like that model as it comes with a shaped soft pad to stick to the bottom.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1108
    That’s what my wife calls me

b’dum tss
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678 said:

b’dum tss

I just came here to say that I thought this thread was about me :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Alex2678 said:

b’dum tss

I just came here to say that I thought this thread was about me :)

You're so vain!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom