SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Morris Tweed 5w with Eminence 10" driver £200

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
edited May 2021 in Amps £
Its one of these - Tweed 5-10 - 5 Watt, hand-wired, all valve, classic guitar combo amplifier | Morris Guitar Amplification | Reverb

A great sounding amp in 9.5 out of 10 condition. The grill is perfect with no nicks and the tweed has no marks, just a tiny bit of shine on a couple of corners.

Selling as it covers a lot of ground as my Super Champ and I'm trying to raise some funds , this is based on a 5F2A circuit with a single 6v6. You can get some od if you crank it but its loud - too loud for home, I think it excels at slightly gritty Keith Richards almost clean and warm jazzy 'clean' too.

Price dropped to £240 plus shipping - now £200 !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    Sorry folks withdrawn - not that anyone showed any interest !

I went to take some photos today, plugged it in and found myself happily widdling away for an hour so maybe I do need it.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12335
    That’s fatal - never touch something you are selling will always sound amazing!

Always fancier trying one of these or the juke tone which I think are the same thing. 
    munckee said:

Always fancier trying one of these or the juke tone which I think are the same thing. 
    Yep I've heard they are the same bar the badge. I got the impression that this and channel 1 of my super champ xd covered similar ground but of course once I decided to sell this I realised that it is warmer , fatter and less sparkly (expectation bias at work probably)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12335
    munckee said:

Yep I've heard they are the same bar the badge. I got the impression that this and channel 1 of my super champ xd covered similar ground but of course once I decided to sell this I realised that it is warmer , fatter and less sparkly (expectation bias at work probably)
    Much like amp 1 on channel 2 of the SCX2! : )
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

Much like amp 1 on channel 2 of the SCX2! : )
    That preset is actually a lot darker than the Morris .  I read somewhere that the Morris is based on a tweed Princeton (5F2) and that makes sense as it better behaved than a champ to my ears  (again I'm sure there is some bias going on in my head too)
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1101
    edited March 2021
    I have one of these and was planning on fitting a switch for the negative feedback,  so I disconnected the negative feedback to see how it sounded before I got the iron out. Not bothering with a switch, just leaving it disconnected. Loved it before and it’s not night and day, but it’s just got a bit more sparkle going on. Personal preference mind, but for the sake of one connection I’m glad I tried it.
    Lovely amps 
    Thanks for the tip Alex.im totally incompetent and can just about change a valve or a jewel light so won't try and mod this. Tbh I actually prefer a slightly dark amp ,I have the tone on this set to around 9 oclock and still drop the tone a shade on the guitar for what I like
    I’m fairly inept but I just went for it with the snips. I’m a big fan of bright sounds, I’m constantly running it with the tone all the way up. That said I do turn the tone down on the rare occasions I get to crank it 
    Back FS , need some cash and despite my original misgivings the super champ gets close enough (but doesn’t look as pretty)
    Lovely amps especially for the money
    Alex2678 said:
    Lovely amps especially for the money
    Cheers Alex and for a change a reasonable photo (new camera phone)
    Bump - come and get some cheap tweed folks
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bought something tweedy and expensive this week so back on the block and now only £240 !
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5012
    Bought something tweedy and expensive this week so back on the block and now only £240 !
    Lazy J?  :)
    Good luck with the Morris sale.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5734
    We’re obviously all quite excited by this. You do choose some very fine things indeed. 
    Morning fellas - I have done the Lazy J thing before and although it sounded amazing in a rehearsal space when cranked I didnt rate the attenuated sound too much at home.

I've ended up with a dinky Swart Junior thanks to @mattacjones ;and its ridiculously big and warm sounding for an 8 inch speaker. Sits nicely on my work desk too unlike the Morris with its 10" speaker.  I'm sure most women would agree that the extra 2" makes all the difference
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You said yourself how the extra 2” makes all the difference. And maybe you are missing your Super Champ X2 with its 10” speaker. Well how about a trade of your Morris for my Super Champ x2 head and matching 1x12 cab? Either straight swap or for extra 50 quid my way including the Lil Texas speaker.
    Cheers Ben but as @hoops will confirm I can’t move for amps at the moment . The X2 I bet sounds lovely but I’ve got 4 valve amps , a JC50 plus 2 modellers atm !
  • No worries Con. Good luck with selling mate.