Earthquaker Board Build - a work in progress

What's Hot
Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
So after finally finishing off my board build last month and being 1 million percent happy with it, I destroyed it and decided to build a board predominantly of Earthquaker pedals. I've always loved every EQD pedal that passed my way, and they're the only ones I've really missed when I foolishly sold them on.

Aside from a tuner and the Iridium everything is EQD. I've got an Arrows boost and Pitch Bay incoming, and will be adding the Hoof and possibly the Tone Job so I can control the drive section. But it's pretty much done aside from that. Annoying tweaks will be made over time to swap out the older versions of pedals so I have soft switches, but I might add this to the Mothership board with G2 in which case that won't be an issue.

It sounds epic, and has been inspirational for writing new riffs in preparation for my band getting back together, it's hit the sound that was always in my head for our older tunes too.

I'm not 100% on the Gray Channel, might need something like the Westwood in it's place, but will see what difference the Arrows makes.

Signal chain runs as you'd expect right to left, bottom to top. This also hasn't been totally set in stone. Any suggestions for whacky outcomes appreciated. If I'm missing anything that would give another dimension too I'm all ears.

Going to keep the collection going though, good to have something GAS related to always focus on.

Amps the board will run into are Vibrolux, Sheriff 44 and JCM800 Studio mainly, but have the Hamstead 60 which is taking a break for a while.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2205
    No hoof fuzz? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
    Fishboy7 said:
    No hoof fuzz? 
    Incoming soon
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
    Very cool. Fairly jealous right now 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    did you get sun glasses with the board, as the retina burn is going to be radioactive when you stand on those and the LED's come on 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    darcym said:
    did you get sun glasses with the board, as the retina burn is going to be radioactive when you stand on those and the LED's come on 
    I can now do my own light show at the next gig for sure. The burn is real!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12924
    I really liked the Gray Channel, myself.

Cool board. No Disaster Transport? 
    It’s certainly a consideration but I don’t use huge amounts of delay so the avalanche run ticks that box. Space is also a consideration now.

Probably only got room now to add the hoof, there’s an arrows and a pitch bay also on it now. 

Wanted to try the pitch bay for parts where the data corrupter might be too much, actually love the gain in it on its own, sounds great.
  • An Aqueduct would go nicely. 
    More pedals added recently. The addition of an old 3 knob Hoof which sounds incredible, an arrows and a pitch bay. 

Pedal order isn't set yet, I need to paly around with where to put the arrows and speaker cranker, also hoof needs moving.

I had hoped the Pitch Bay would provide a substitute for parts that didn't quite need the craziness the Data Corrupter brings, but it's not quite on the money, might need to have a look at the Bit Commander.

Interestingly if you set the octaves to zero and dime the gain, it's one of the best sounding dirt boxes I've heard. So the pitch bay will be used for some heavy gain.

Happy with how it's come together, and it's truly inspirational to play around with. Need a bigger board now, as still want another reverb and delay and potentially a Sun Life V2 pedal which I can get hold of locally still for retail.

Will continue to collect EQD pedals when I can get my hands on them, after all, gotta spend my money on something!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9583
    WOW WOW WOW - love it !!!
  • I'm jealous. I love EQD pedals and have lots of gas for the Organizer, Astral Destiny, Pyramids and Arpanoid and a few others at the moment. You could go on and on with their stuff and I can totally see why you've built a whole board with them!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • ooo @Vintage-T ; that hoof is great looking. Fairly old 3 knob one? Supposedly has rare transitors and sounds better? Nice and collectable that one.  With a mid switch inside?
    yeah it's a beauty alright. Haven't opened it up yet. Not sure I'd know what I'm looking for to see if it's rare transistors or not.....don't want to let all the special unicorn dust and pixie tears out though :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ha ha yes keep it bottled up. If it sounds good don't touch it! Enjoy very cool.