Ridiculous prices of old acoustic guitar's.

What's Hot
Saw this recently on ebay, really feel some are charging ridiculous prices for 1970s acoustic guitar's  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164753945258

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    Before I clicked, I knew the completely meaningless term “lawsuit” would be prominent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Before I clicked, I knew the completely meaningless term “lawsuit” would be prominent.
    To be fair, it does at least have a little more basis in fact for this one, since it has the open-book headstock top, which is what (and the only thing) Gibson threatened to sue about.

Still a stupid price for a £250 guitar though. And no, they do not sound 90% as good as even a 70s J200. I owned one (Hondo branded, same guitar really) and it was OK. Sold it... for £250.

And negative points for "For your consideration", "She", "The lady" etc. Just. Fuck. Off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18660
    Yep, completely stupid money, although I have heard one or two Antoria/Ibanez J200's that did indeed sound very good and some Gibson's that were just 'meh'  ;)
    I'm far more interested in another of the sellers guitars, apart from it also being how fu**ing much!!!
    https://tinyurl.com/2c5c3jtz
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 56
    Yep, completely stupid money, although I have heard one or two Antoria/Ibanez J200's that did indeed sound very good and some Gibson's that were just 'meh'  ;)
    I'm far more interested in another of the sellers guitars, apart from it also being how fu**ing much!!!
    https://tinyurl.com/2c5c3jtz
    Yep the price for this one is way over the top. I'd never pay that, but then their are those that sometimes do! Up to them, but not for me.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2234
    Afterlife acoustics, that thing belongs in the afterlife.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    How much for those Ekos he's flogging?!?!
    They're not bad guitars but there's no rarity value because they're virtually indestructible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    edited March 2021
    Mmmm…..3.5 mm action with what looks like virtually no break angle.

*Actually it looks a bit better in a different photo. Ignore.