How many acoustics do you own

What's Hot
I've got two I've had forever, a classical guitar and a BC rich electro acoustic, that plays really well but is a mystery (can't find any details on)

I've got it in my head, id love a parlour guitar.

What say you guys, do you benefit from the more the merrier?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    I'm currently on 6 … always looking for more ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5401
    Absolutely! Well, up to a certain point. I think diminishing returns set in once you go past a certain number, which is generally one more than however many you have now. 

Mind you, Keith Richards is said to own 3000 guitars, and he is 600 times better than I will ever be. Given that I only have 5, the maths works out.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3963
    Two for me, a Recording King parlour currently in Nashville tuning and an Epiphone “Inspired by Gibson” J45 that really is a great guitar.
  • MudcrutchMudcrutch Frets: 323
    I’ve got two black dreadnoughts one 6 and 12 string.
    One blue bowl back nylon string and one black bowl back steel string and a black bowl back bass.
    Ive got a few semi acoustic guitars.
    I noticed last week my black 6 string dreadnought has developed really bad fret sprout since it was last played.and is very dangerous.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    I have one that I play a guild westerly om which is on the wall in the lounge. I have a 20+ year old hohner steel string at my brothers. I also have a nylon string which is pretty much unplayable. 

My daughter has a Washburn solid top which sounds disgustingly good for a sub £200 steel string and a nylon string which is okay for finger style. 
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 735
    Two. Three if you count resonators. Would love to have more but unjustifiable really. Two acoustics are end point of lifetime of discovering what instrument I want/need. That journey was interesting, but I think it's travelled. Sometimes something new comes along and I'm tempted - I would buy Martin SC13E if I could get one without the electrics - but generally I look at a new instrument on-line or in The Guitarist and think - Nah, it wouldn't be better. I love going into shops but I don't much like looking and not buying.

Owning loads of guitars is collecting isn't it? That's cool if it's your thing. 
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    I should add , I do have a mim Tele/ Yamaha Les Paul. And a fretted and a fretless bass. I do like keeping numbers even. I won't count the ibanez that's dismantled for sanding and rewiring
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    I’ve currently got 4. 
    Waterloo Wl14  
    Waterloo wlk
    kalamazoo kg11
    Taylor gs mini koa 
    That could very likely soon become 3...then again knowing me it could quite easily stay as 4 or it could even become 5. 
    Life is unpredictable! 

• oldhorsemurphyoldhorsemurphy Frets: 321
    edited March 2021
    I've got three; a Martin OM-21, Martin D-18 and a Gibson J-35. I'd really like to add a 12 String at some stage and a J-45, although I can't really see that happening. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Four - or maybe three.

Gibson Dove - my proper acoustic guitar.
    Martin D12-35 - 12-string.
    Vintage V300M - with a magnetic pickup for using like an electric guitar.
    Little Martin - appropriated by my daughter...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    One. And I feel I may have overdone it...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    Zonular said:
    I've got two I've had forever, a classical guitar and a BC rich electro acoustic, that plays really well but is a mystery (can't find any details on)

I've got it in my head, id love a parlour guitar.

What say you guys, do you benefit from the more the merrier?
    Given that I don't play classical and electro acoustics often have an uninspiring unplugged tone, I'd forget a parlour and buy a quality dreadnought OOO or OM first. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Loads. I love acoustic guitars therefore I’ve got all shapes n sizes, wood types and bracing patterns. I have a thing for ladder braced 0s so there’s at least 6 of them 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Six currently.

Fylde Leonardo.
    Self build 000 style.
    Maton Barossa.
    Antonio Lorca classical.
    Self build parlor.
    Beard Dobro.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    One steel string flat top - a Martin D28 which I’ve owned for nearly 30 years.

I’ve also got a Busker resonator and a Taylor NS32ce nylon string.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3116
    edited March 2021
    Four between us plus an Octave Mandolin and a Banjo both of which are Mrs M’s.
    Fylde Alchemist 6
    Freshman 6
    Yamaha FG 40 6
    Fender F55 12 string (bought new in 1975)
    Moon Octave mandolin
    Antoria 5 string banjo

Other thing with strings Mrs M’s hammer dulcimer
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Lots and lots. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    Somehow I have crept up to four. I’ve had a Taylor 310 (dreadnought) for over 20 years. A Loar LH-200 which cost me all of £200 a few years ago. It’s somewhat limited in terms of sound but it’s nice to play and very well made for such a cheap guitar. Last year the Loar was usurped as a sofa guitar by a Taylor GS Mini. I’m also “looking after” my uncle’s flamenco guitar, which my grandfather bought in Mexico City in the early sixties. I saved it when I saw my cousin trying to give it away on facebook one Sunday afternoon!
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited March 2021
    3 currently, I don't tend to buy and sell so much with them compared to electrics

Fender 23gc - had it over 25 years bought for my wife and would never part with it
    Taylor 320e - Had it 6 years, simply a lovely dread
    Martin 000-15 special - Only got it recently, first Martin and I'm completely blown away by it every time I pick it up

• Just the two. A Tanglewood TW8 something, got for my 14th birthday. Don't use it much though I can't bring myself to sell it.

A Takamine EG321c electro acoustic - very nice sounding guitar unplugged. 

Looking for a new one though, a significant upgrade from the above. Something like a Martin HD28 would be ideal.

Whether or not I'll get my hands on one remains to be seen...