SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Guild D-50 Bluegrass 2011 - £1275 - inc delivery - Video Link back up - Price drop

What's Hot
TimberGTimberG Frets: 50
edited December 2021 in Acoustics £
For Sale Guild D-50 Bluegrass Re-Introduced - 2011.

Up for sale is this beautiful Guild D50, I have been toying with selling either this or my J45 Gibson and believe me its a tough choice to make however below is a bit of blurb from Guild along with the specs.

The condition is extremely good and there are now scratches etc on the guitar. I have also added the LR Baggs anthem system in it it as well which is extremely good. I do have a video which i will post later 

Guild is unquestionably one of the great American guitar builders. But without the benefit of Martin and Gibson’s histories, Guild has sometimes played the role of renegade as well as institution. Guild’s superb, beautifully built, and relatively affordable acoustics have been the choice of legends like Nick Drake and Paul Simon. And Guild electrics—like the Starfire 6-string and bass, and the X Series archtops—were some of the finest guitars of the electric guitar’s first golden age. Guild also took risks, though, and electrics like the Polara and Thunderbird have the distinction of at once being some of the oddest and best-playing solid bodies of the ’60s.

Given its status as both overachiever and underdog over the years, it’s not surprising that Guild is something of a vagabond among American guitar companies, too. Since Guild was founded in New York City in 1952 (they’ve been owned by Fender since 1995), the company has called six cities—including Westerly, Rhode Island, Hoboken, New Jersey, and Tacoma, Washington—home. In 2009, Guild relocated yet again, this time to share factory space with recent Fender acquisitions Ovation and Hamer in New Hartford, Connecticut. And if the D-50 Standard reviewed here is any indication, the move has done nothing to diminish Guild’s ability to build great-playing, beautiful-sounding acoustics.
Binding - Natural

Body Construction - Acoustic

Body Shape - Dreadnought

Body Top Wood - Sika Spruce

Body Wood - Indian Rosewood

Bridge - Rosewood

Fingerboard Radius - 12.00"

Fingerboard Material - Rosewood

Finish - Nitrocellulose Lacquer

Fret Size - Medium

Fingerboard Inlays - Pearl Dot

Hardware - Chrome

Neck Construction - 1-piece neck

Neck Joint - Dovetail

Neck Shape - Slim & Narrow

Neck Wood - Mahogany

Number of Frets - 20

Number of Strings - 6

Nut Width - 1.6875" (1-11/16")

Pickguard - Yes

Scale Length - 25-1/2"

String - Nut Bone

Tuners – Gotoh

Pickup System – LR Baggs Anthem 

Case – Fully Fitted Hard Case 

I am based in Northampton with easy access to the M1 (J16) and can send via courier if required to the Uk only for £30 fully insured

Price including delivery for FB members £1350

Price Drop to £1275 including delivery

I would prefer to sell however may be open to trades with cash my way.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments