Truefire - what am I missing?

What's Hot
Encouraged by another thread on here, I signed up this week to a year's Truefire sub.

Yet when I go on to look at stuff, I still have to pay for it. I thought the point of a sub was that having already paid, at least some of the courses would be available in some way for nothing.

But no. Lessons can still cost $24 and upwards. I understand I'd have to pay for downloads (ie, if I want something I can keep, rather than something I have to watch online), but I thought I'd be able to get access to tabs, for instance. Again, just to look at online, rather than as a download, sort of like a tab on a site like UltimateGuitar.

Have I fundamentally misunderstood the nature of Truefire? Or am I searching in the wrong place?
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    edited March 2021
    If you’ve subscribed to all access you should be able to view everything so I think you may not be navigating the site quite right. It’s not the most intuitive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what I thought as well, but all I can see are videos. I'm obviously not looking in the right place.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2627
    Ah! Got it! - TrueFire do a lot of video courses, which are all included with an all-access membership, but they also act as a way for some of those people who make the videos to do live 1-to-1 lessons, and those have to be paid for as you would with any other teacher. Is that what you're referring to?

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 843
    You can view all the courses with an all access membership but you will still see prices in case you want to keep a course available after your subscription has ended.
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
    edited March 2021
    Ah! Got it! - TrueFire do a lot of video courses, which are all included with an all-access membership, but they also act as a way for some of those people who make the videos to do live 1-to-1 lessons, and those have to be paid for as you would with any other teacher. Is that what you're referring to?

No, I'm trying to find the tab for the lessons so I know what I'm supposed to be playing when I'm watching the videos, or just the tab for lessons generally. But even when I'm signed in, if I click on a lesson it tells me how much the lesson will cost.

@oh_pollo - It says I can stream the course free on any device, but if I want to download it forever, it will cost $x. Fine, happy to stream it, but where do I find the tab for what I'm streaming?

Ok, just had another look and I think I've got it sorted now. It's complicated to explain where exactly it is, but I'm pretty sureI've found it now.

Thanks anyway, gents, I'll pay closer attention in future.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    Lewy said:
    If you’ve subscribed to all access you should be able to view everything so I think you may not be navigating the site quite right. It’s not the most intuitive.
    I paid for all access in January, and really liked the "In the jam" video feature, but after a couple of weeks that now seems to be only available for an extra fee per video
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 501
    I'm on all access too. Pretty sure the tab and notes for each video (if you're streaming it) is down the page if you scroll
  • Yeah, it's right below each vid on the stream, that's why I said I'd found it. Apologies.