SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender American Precision Bass Active Pickups

JamesMorrisJamesMorris Frets: 20
edited March 2021 in Basses £
For sale is my Fender Precision Bass. Made in USA and with all manner of active pickups and tone shaping options which are too confusing for a simple guitarist like me. 

I had this professionally stripped and refinished in walnut which looks better than the original silver. I found that too plastic looking and dead sounding. It now has a very warm and earthy vibe. Like walking in a forest barefoot on the way to a campfire. Maybe there will be some girls at the campfire? I don’t know. I haven’t got there yet. 

Sadly after all my plans I never played it so it’s in great condition except for a few surface scratches next to the pick guard which a zealous son added on the very day I got it back from the luthier. He is now safely tucked away at the foster home. 

These retail for £2000 new. This model is a genuinely beautiful looking guitar with a neck as smooth as butter cutting through butter. But alas it is also not original condition anymore so am asking £1250. Would also trade for any interesting guitars or high quality valve heads. But valve heads for the guitar. I have realised I am not Flea or Lemmy.   

Based in Highgate, North London. Can post if needs be. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    I know nothing about these...but it looks cool...are the Pups the stock setup or modded?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • They are the stock set. Pls PM me if interested as don’t always check the posts themselves. Thanks 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Nice bass! 
    When I read the thread title, I thought you were just selling the pickups, so you might get more interest if you add a "with" to the title? 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Looks like a Deluxe American series model. 

The stock pickups are not active, just the onboard EQ.

BUZZ - Repetition of butter! :frown: 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.