Samick Acoustic with Tree Notes on Headstock?

Hi, does anyone know anything about these guitars. I cannot seem to find much online other than the logo was used between '72 and 1986. There is one for sale local to me and was wondering if these are worth a look or just run-of-the-mill guitars best avoided...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5423
    Samick these days make everything, from very cheap to mid-range and very playable indeed. Way back then they were probably manufacturing 100% in Korea. That sounds great, but the Korea of that era wasn't the high-wage, high-skill Korea of today. Most likely, the guitar will be decent, nothing special, but play it and find out. It really could be anything at all and the only way you are going to find out is by playing it. 

If you buy it, pay nothing for the name or reputation, and don't bother considering resale value. Pay for what you can see and hear, no more, no less. If you are not able to play it for yourself, best to leave it go.

Note that I am not familiar with these guitars, I'm just going on what I know of their history. Someone who has owned one would give better advice.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    Okay thanks. I will check it out. Was just poking around to see if anyone had any experience with these early models. Cheers :+1: