Domestic Vaccine passports

What's Hot

Comments

• AdeyAdey Frets: 1057
    Yes. I think smoking reduces life expectancy a lot more than Covid does.

I'm in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 22913
    Cols said:
    p90fool said:
    If domestic vaccine passports are such a valid idea does that mean we can visit friends and family in our own homes if we've been vaccinated without being arrested?

No, thought not. 
    The CDC have given it a good deal of thought, and they’re certainly comfortable with the idea over in the States.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Effectively, if everyone is fully vaccinated no masks or social distancing required.  

No plans for doorbells to be replaced with card readers for you to confirm your vaccination status though.
    So at least there's some sanity somewhere. 

The issue with vaccines is not whether they give you blood clots or that Bill Gates can track you, it's that the current UK narrative means that there is no point in having one because you're still not allowed to live your life normally. 

If we can't see our friends or family or throw the stupid masks away then what in earth is the point in having a jab?

Johnson says vaccines are not 100% effective so you can't visit your own mother, but in terms of keeping people out of hospital they actually are 100% effective, and any illness below that level is NOT a government or police matter in my opinion. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 3735
    emorej said:
    munckee said:
    I can't see what the issue is, give everyone who has had the jab or can't have for medical reasons a passport and then those that choose not to have the jab can make an informed choice that it will restrict their access to some venues and travel companies.
    But the vaccine isnt a vaccine and nor does it stop you catching a virus or passing on a virus, at best it may lessen the effects of the covid19 respiratory illness, so why should anyone be restricted (or coerced into taking experimental mrna gene editing) if it doesnt prevent the spread of viruses, nor makes you immune from catching viruses ? Surely this breaks the nuremberg codes ! Sarscov2 has never been isolated so they can't have a proper vaccine, average age of death from covid19 is 85 years. I will let my immune system deal with it thank you and if anyone wants to stop me going into shops they better have a good human rights lawyer !
    ...right.

Best of luck getting into the shops before next Monday, or later if you’re not in England and Wales.  Don’t forget your shopping bags and human rights lawyer.

https://youtu.be/7YPiUtAde2o 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 4902
    I think the point is, right now the govt don't really know what they are doing in terms of how to instruct the public when it comes to vaccines. The answer Boz gave to the question as to whether you could see your family indoors if all vaccinated was a perfect example of this. They don't want anyone doing anything vaguely normal until they "think" it's alright.

The problem is, they don't know what "alright" is. 

I bloody hate the lot of them, so sick and tired of watching these half cocked idiots spout off. They are ALL, all over the shop.
  • Adey said:
    Can we introduce an Obesity Passport instead?

If you're fat you will be prevented from buying take-aways and fatty foods. Also, you will be kicked off the bus or tube one stop before your destination and made to walk the rest of your way. 

As obesity increases your risk of dying from Covid surely this is an entirely valid idea.
    Do you need a document to tell if someone is fat? Surely it's pretty obvious!  ;)

And I can't see the food industry taking too kindly to that, the obese are their best customers!
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5815
    edited April 7
    Cols said:
    The CDC have given it a good deal of thought, and they’re certainly comfortable with the idea over in the States.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Effectively, if everyone is fully vaccinated no masks or social distancing required.  

No plans for doorbells to be replaced with card readers for you to confirm your vaccination status though.
    Florida put a kibosh on vaccination passports in the USA when they banned them.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 1564
    edited April 7
    On the radio last night they had an interview with a guy from a biometrics company who said 
      Passports for non essential shops etc could be around for  “Several years “ 

that is totally stupid  , opinion was things will never go back to what they were pre covid .

seems like an excellent excuse for more control over people. I figured once the majority were vaccinated we would just get back on with it  but it’s looking like they are using it to dilute even more of the rights we once took for granted . I don’t carry a smartphone with me so looks like no pub or primary for me 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 7
    On the radio last night they had an interview with a guy from a biometrics company who said 

that is totally stupid  , opinion was things will never go back to what they were pre covid .

seems like an excellent excuse for more control over people. I figured once the majority were vaccinated we would just get back on with it  but it’s looking like they are using it to dilute even more of the rights we once took for granted . I don’t carry a smartphone with me so looks like no pub or primary for me 
    I think they call it moving the goalposts, and it appears to be part of the strategy.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 8036

But does he have anything to do with the decision making process, and being that I suspect his company wants this to happen this would be the message he is trying to sell?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    ...right.

Best of luck getting into the shops before next Monday, or later if you’re not in England and Wales.  Don’t forget your shopping bags and human rights lawyer.

I quite like the new authoritarian look with a splash of humour, it suits you  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    On the radio last night they had an interview with a guy from a biometrics company who said Passports for non essential shops etc could be around for  “Several years".
    Do you know what company it was?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 8036
    emorej said:
    munckee said:
    I can't see what the issue is, give everyone who has had the jab or can't have for medical reasons a passport and then those that choose not to have the jab can make an informed choice that it will restrict their access to some venues and travel companies.
    But the vaccine isnt a vaccine and nor does it stop you catching a virus or passing on a virus, at best it may lessen the effects of the covid19 respiratory illness, so why should anyone be restricted (or coerced into taking experimental mrna gene editing) if it doesnt prevent the spread of viruses, nor makes you immune from catching viruses ? Surely this breaks the nuremberg codes ! Sarscov2 has never been isolated so they can't have a proper vaccine, average age of death from covid19 is 85 years. I will let my immune system deal with it thank you and if anyone wants to stop me going into shops they better have a good human rights lawyer !
    After the shops can you video yourself trying to push past bouncers at a nightclub saying "You better have a human rights lawyer if you think you can stop me!"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:

But does he have anything to do with the decision making process, and being that I suspect his company wants this to happen this would be the message he is trying to sell?
    That’s what I thought,  already there were people on saying ,well I don’t mind if I have to have an app on my phone to go to the shop etc , pretty soon it will be the old , well if you’ve done nothing wrong there’s nothing to fear  line trotted out ,  we had advance warning about the government logging all our web use and snooping on us ,and no one seemed to care 

Freebird said:
    On the radio last night they had an interview with a guy from a biometrics company who said Passports for non essential shops etc could be around for  “Several years".
    Do you know what company it was?
    I can’t remember but it was on Tom Swarbrick show about 11 or 12 pm on LBC , I’ll see if it’s saved as a podcast

Ok I found it  he is Andrew Bud of Iprove  you can listen at about 1:11:03 on the catch up on lbc 
      I’m going to listen again when I’ve cleaned my toilet/bathroom ,as I was going to sleep initially 

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbc/uk/episodes/BUp7SYJQNxbpuGRsqVY6ayCeN/

link for show 
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 635
    edited April 7

, pretty soon it will be the old , well if you’ve done nothing wrong there’s nothing to fear
    Read back to the first few pages of this thread and you will find that exact phrase

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 7
    Nick13 said:

, pretty soon it will be the old , well if you’ve done nothing wrong there’s nothing to fear
    Read back to the first few pages of this thread and you will find that exact phrase
    Not surprising really, as the playbook is as old as the hills. I did like the recent "nobody is safe unless everybody is safe", which was a plagiarisation of Bruce Springsteen's "nobody wins unless everybody wins" .
  • ColsCols Frets: 3735

Possibly, just possibly, a guy from a biometrics company might be a teensy bit biased when asked for his opinion on whether digital vaccine passports are a good idea.  
  • Nick13Nick13 Frets: 635
    edited April 7
    Cols said:

Possibly, just possibly, a guy from a biometrics company might be a teensy bit biased when asked for his opinion on whether digital vaccine passports are a good idea.  

Agreed, however, might be worth seeing what Rees Mogg etc are investing in these days? My guess would be biometrics.
    Nick13 said:
    Cols said:
    Agreed, however, might be worth seeing what Rees Mogg etc are investing in these days? My guess would be biometrics.
    Some people are just lucky

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/17/bill-gates-says-this-is-the-best-investment-he-has-ever-made.html