The Fantasy F1 Thread 2021

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Dead last again, FFS. I feel like Mazepin.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6989
    I can see you in my mirrors.

Vettel’s for the bin, he’s about as much use as a chocolate teapot at the minute.  At least Perez managed to pull himself together this weekend.
    A distant speck in your mirrors. Or murrus as DC would say.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    We’ve got a family league going as well, I use the same team in that and thefretboard one.....and both my 9 year old and my wife are beating me, and would be in the top 2 here!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26950
    So after 3 rounds the main development is I’ve worked out how to shrink the text on my iPad so I can get all 14 of us on one screen… 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You bastard!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    I can see you in my mirrors.

Vettel’s for the bin, he’s about as much use as a chocolate teapot at the minute.  At least Perez managed to pull himself together this weekend.
    Maybe I was unfair to Vettel; apparently Aston Martin prioritised the upgrades for Stroll’s car and Seb was left driving the old spec.

They should have enough parts for both cars this weekend… unless there’s any damage in practice, in which case Vettel might find himself with a reversal of Silverstone 2010.
    Well I’ve just subbed Kimi out and put Tsunoda in as he’s cheap now and I reckon he’ll get better as he settles in. 

So I’m predicting Kimi for a freak podium this weekend….  ;)
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Ive swapped out a couple as well.  Aways felt uncomfortable with Schumacher as he was only in my team as a sympathy vote for his dad.  He hasn't lived up to the legacy so far so he's out.  Its a brutal world this F1.   Ive also ditched Kimi.   Brought in Norris and Ocon.   

Norris seems a good call - he's my biggest scorer apart from Verstappen. Mind you I'm a solid midfield team, so you probably shouldn't listen to me
    Barcelona’s a straightforward chassis circuit where the drivers tend to line up two by two.  All of them know the track like the back of their hand, so the rookies will carry less disadvantage.

The only real uncertainty is the weather; Sunday has a chance of rain.
    Cols said:
    Barcelona’s a straightforward chassis circuit where the drivers tend to line up two by two.  All of them know the track like the back of their hand, so the rookies will carry less disadvantage.

The only real uncertainty is the weather; Sunday has a chance of rain.
    Yeah, I considered using this one for Max as my mega driver or whatevr it's called, but I think I'm going for Austria, then Mexico (assuming it happens) as he's always gone very well at both
  • Bollocks. Just before quali I swapped Hamilton out for Verstappen, put Perez as my Turbo Driver, and dropped Ocon as Alpine were looking shaky after Practice. Silly boy!  :/
     I've done a Red Bull and bought some new staff in from Mercedes, in the hope I can lift the team of the bottom rung.

Ive got a screenshot of our league table but won't post for another few hours - I think they take some time to process all the scoring (fuck knows why)... Will confirm later. 
  • I was cursing my luck as I thought I'd put Perez as my Turbo Driver. Turns out I was wrong and actually had Leclerc as TD, and he really brought home the bacon for me this weekend!
    edited May 2021
    I was cursing my luck as I thought I'd put Perez as my Turbo Driver. Turns out I was wrong and actually had Leclerc as TD, and he really brought home the bacon for me this weekend!
    Yeah, really good one for CL - he was my top non-Max/Ham scorer even with Lando being my TD

Tsunoda of course had the worst race of all, just after I subbed him in. Turns out I maybe should've kept Kimi
    Looks like Ferrari are going very well. Might be time to try Leclerc as turbo or even mega this weekend. Or save mega for Max in Austria..?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Looks like Ferrari are going very well. Might be time to try Leclerc as turbo or even mega this weekend. Or save mega for Max in Austria..?
    I’m thinking using a Mega at Monaco is a massive risk, a safety car and some sort of carnage is pretty much guaranteed. 
    I’m thinking using a Mega at Monaco is a massive risk, a safety car and some sort of carnage is pretty much guaranteed. 
    Yeah, I know. But i need a miracle to get up the table after a poor start!