The Fantasy F1 Thread 2021

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Looks like Ferrari are going very well. Might be time to try Leclerc as turbo or even mega this weekend. Or save mega for Max in Austria..?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ferrari have gone for Friday (or in this case Thursday) glory.  They’ll be in the mix on race day, but if they’re leading going into Sainte Dévote on Sunday afternoon I’ll be surprised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23955
    Ferrari might be going for a desperate 1 & 2 even if the quali tyre choice hurts their race, then whoever leads into the first corner leads, and No2 holds the pack up as best as he can.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I reckon I've got it covered - LeClerc, Sainz and Verstappen, Alonso and Gasly as my drivers.

Move over you lot, old Chilli's lining you up for a pass with the flexible DRS wing open as wide as Horner's gob.

What could possibly go wrong?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    edited May 2021
    Boom! Turbo Leclerc is looking good so far. 

Chilli - you should be looking good apart from Alonso
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    It’s more luck than judgement.

And we still don’t know if LeClerc’s got a penalty yet. Alonso’s P60 is being prepared as we speak, there’s no room for under-performers in Team Chilli.

Cols said:
    Looks like Ferrari are going very well. Might be time to try Leclerc as turbo or even mega this weekend. Or save mega for Max in Austria..?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ferrari have gone for Friday (or in this case Thursday) glory.  They’ll be in the mix on race day, but if they’re leading going into Sainte Dévote on Sunday afternoon I’ll be surprised.
    Any tips from m’learned friends on how to prepare my hat for Sunday lunch?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    Cols said:
    Any tips from m’learned friends on how to prepare my hat for Sunday lunch?
    I would recommend a slow cook, perhaps a ragu served over pasta, in the Italian style? I''d recommend a good bottle of red if that helps ;) :D 

Quite srsly though, I think it's telling that Alfa and Ferrari were both a good 5 or 6 places higher than normal - suggests the Ferrari engine is still not back to mid-2019 pace
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Incredible.

Amid huge celebrations on Saturday, I squeezed Charles LeCrash in as my turbo driver, and it all goes to shit once more. 

Incredible.

Amid huge celebrations on Saturday, I squeezed Charles LeCrash in as my turbo driver, and it all goes to shit once more. 
    lol, me too! I still did ok overall, but if I'd kept with Lando or switched to Sainz instead I'd have done *way* better! 

I need to update the league table...
    edited May 2021
    My expensive drivers for the weekend were Ricciardo, Alonso and Leclerc.  Kill me now.

Even more galling is the fact that I’d dropped the terminally useless Perez and Vettel, right as they lurched into life and decided to earn their daily crust.
    How to win Fantasy F1 - Take note of Chilli's driver line-up and do something completely opposite with your own.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice to be back to the top of the table, where I belong.  ;)

I thought I must be doing pretty well over all too, until I checked where I sit in the Global League. All of the top players worldwide have way in excess of 1100 points! Pretty sobering reading!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So Baku this weekend. Any changes planned? 

I'm itchy to use my MD but this one feels far too risky. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

I was so close to using it for Max in Monaco, kicking myself, but it seemed a big risk....as does Baku really.

I wasn't orignally going to be taking this too seriously and swapping out drivers, but somehow I've found myself near the top so I'm thinking about it way too much now!

I was so close to using it for Max in Monaco, kicking myself, but it seemed a big risk....as does Baku really.

I wasn't orignally going to be taking this too seriously and swapping out drivers, but somehow I've found myself near the top so I'm thinking about it way too much now!

Yeah, I reckon MD either for Max in Austria or Lewis at Silverstone (assuming both are in the first half). Then Mexico would be a good bet, if that goes ahead. 

I've made strides since my shocking first couple of races so v keen to see if I can make it to the podium places :D 
    So Baku this weekend. Any changes planned? 

Logic dictates that the combination of twisty bits and bendy wing-friendly 1.4 mile straight should play straight into Max’s hands.

But I have a suspicion that he’ll put it in the wall…
    You lot need to wait until I finalise my line-up.

Then do precisely the opposite.

Yep, it's just too risky, not just that any one driver might crash, but unrelated safety cars might flip stuff upside down at any point - we've seen a bunch of different teams on the podium over the year, including Findia, so who knows...

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Which is the last race before the summer break, Hungary?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23955
    I'm not going to make any changes this time and I've used my Megadriver for this half of the season.