The Fantasy F1 Thread 2021

What's Hot

Comments

• Can't believe I chose this week to drop Russell! I thought the Williams looked like it would really struggle after Friday practice.  :/

Bit of a sickener for Lando to crash out too after looking so bloody strong. 

Hey ho, should be a cracking race!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I left Russell in, but also Norris. Bitter sweet.

edited September 2021
    Wahay!

I've just climbed a whopping 5 places from #12 to #7!

• My alternative team is 200 odd points higher than my league team.

Most annoying!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    I think I'm destined to remain forever 6th 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I’m normally shite at this kind of thing, so I’m making the most of it while it lasts. My gains could well bleed away faster than Max’s championship lead at Silverstone.

• I'm still 5th and I assume the top 5 or 6 all have basically the same fairly-well-optimised team now so there won't be much change unless someone does something brave/stupid with a change and a mega driver and gets lucky
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Ah nuts, I completely forgot it was a Friday qualifying sesh, so missed the cut off for making changes. I'd figured the higher speed would favour the Merc so was gonna swap Bottas in to my number two slot as well.

Here's hoping VB lives up to his previous 2021 form and completely bollockses it all up.  =)
  • I’ve made some heavy changes this week in an attempt to push up to the podium places. Will this work in my favour? Who fucking knows!!!
    I'm languishing down in 10th, and have failed once again to remember to make any changes. Still, at least I'm not the Mazepin of the league.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    Forgot all about this - doh - will see how my default settings fare - but I don’t think it’sa good week to have my favoured McLaren as the team 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Fucksake! Red Bull looked so ridiculously strong here I've gone 'all in' with Verstappen as Mega Driver and Perez as Turbo Driver. And look at what happens?!  :p

Still, should make it a more interesting race tomorrow night at least!
    Mercs - Where the fuck did THAT come from? Have they turned up the wick, or what?

• Mercs - Where the fuck did THAT come from? Have they turned up the wick, or what?

I didn’t watch it (thanks timezones..) but I understand both Max and Perez were impeded by Tsunoda (lolz) on their final laps. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    Mercs - Where the fuck did THAT come from? Have they turned up the wick, or what?

I didn’t watch it (thanks timezones..) but I understand both Max and Perez were impeded by Tsunoda (lolz) on their final laps. 
    Max was 0.2 down on that lap already.

Tsunoda probably didn't make a difference to Positions 1&2
  • Mercs - Where the fuck did THAT come from? Have they turned up the wick, or what?

Max was 0.2 down on that lap already.

Tsunoda probably didn't make a difference to Positions 1&2
    Ooh, ok I hadn't realised that from the headlines. The race might be worth staying up for then! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 6996
    From what I can see, Tsunoda was on a slowing down lap and drove right off the track to get out of Perez’s way.  

Perez was asleep at the wheel and followed him right off the track. Max arrived at the scene, saw two cars off and was left wondering whether there were yellow flags and if he should lift.

Bit unfair to blame Tsunoda for the comedy of errors, considering he did all that was humanly possible to not be in the way of the RBs.  Still, I guess even the normally tone deaf Horner and Marko realised it might not be a good idea to say “Sergio screwed up there” at his home race.
    It’s gonna be very interesting at that first corner, then.

• I’m up to 3rd!!

My last minute pro-Ferrari changes paid dividends, as did an MV-flavoured mega driver. Bringing in Tsunoda to make up the numbers… not so much.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    I'm up to 6th.

Annoyingly my B team that I did for fun would have been 3rd ahead of Sticky with 2997.5.

Bah.