SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB- 00 or OM (Preferable Short Scale Acoustic)

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited April 2021 in Acoustics £
I am looking for an 00 or OM  - 12 fret or 14 fret, preferable short scale, either way must be easy to play as can't get on with stiff actions.  With 1.75" or 45mm nut, nothing narrower. Plus if OM, smaller type please, not too large body nothing over 15" max.

I have no specific mft in mind, it can be eg an Eastman, Furch, Gibson, Martin whatever, as long as it sounds good and plays well and is not too bright sounding, prefer more mellow sort of tone as I mainly play with a pick, as some guitars can sound quite harsh especially when using a pick.

Looking at around £1,000 up to £1,500 for the right guitar. WHY?

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    Have had a couple of things offered but nothing suitable yet, so let me know if you have anything that you maybe thinking of selling, which could be what I'm looking for!  B)
    Still looking as found nothing yet and miss having an acoustic around!  :/  
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 240
    Why not try a new Auden. I've just got a mahogany / cedar Emily Rose 12 fret and you can pick them up for just under £1200.00 if you look around.
    Why not try a new Auden. I've just got a mahogany / cedar Emily Rose 12 fret and you can pick them up for just under £1200.00 if you look around.

Thanks will look them up, as never seen or tried an Auden before.

Been through a lot of the videos on Youtube and really impressed. One thing concerns me is how are the necks on the Audens?
    I see you have the Emily Rose which is 44mm but all their other models are 43mm. It's not just the nut width but some necks feel more fully and others less so and can feel quite narrow due to having a very shallow neck, similar to many electrics and Brook acoustic guitars!

Being that I am much more an electric player with normal 42mm nuts, I still prefer a bit more fullness on the neck, likewise a bit more so on an acoustic, so whilst I quite like Brooks, I dislike the very shallow neck profile, which would even be a too shallow on an electric for me.

So how do the Auden necks feel and how would you compare them to a Brook neck, as I saw somewhere else on this site saying the Auden neck profiles were also quite shallow, though can't find anything, apart from nut width, on their site about neck profiles?
    Sammy said:
    Been through a lot of the videos on Youtube and really impressed. One thing concerns me is how are the necks on the Audens?
    I see you have the Emily Rose which is 44mm but all their other models are 43mm. It's not just the nut width but some necks feel more fully and others less so and can feel quite narrow due to having a very shallow neck, similar to many electrics and Brook acoustic guitars!

Being that I am much more an electric player with normal 42mm nuts, I still prefer a bit more fullness on the neck, likewise a bit more so on an acoustic, so whilst I quite like Brooks, I dislike the very shallow neck profile, which would even be a too shallow on an electric for me.

So how do the Auden necks feel and how would you compare them to a Brook neck, as I saw somewhere else on this site saying the Auden neck profiles were also quite shallow, though can't find anything, apart from nut width, on their site about neck profiles?

I can't comment on the standards you want but let me try to help:

The neck is a fraction wider and deeper than my PRS SE A40

It is about the same width as my Yamaha A3CR but shallower and, I find it better for my ancient hands.

It feels like the neck in my Takamine EN20C but a little wider.

I find it totally playable. Maybe someone out there can help with both benchmarks.

Ultimately, if you don't like it, you can send it back although that may cost a few quid. Mine came UPS double boxed and in it's case.

Hope that helps?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    I’d email the guys at Auden (or facebook them), they’ll no doubt be able to give precise measurements. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’d email the guys at Auden (or facebook them), they’ll no doubt be able to give precise measurements. 

I was going to say that but a phone call might be better. I didn't get a response to my e mail but the sales bloke was very helpful.

I was going to say that but a phone call might be better. I didn't get a response to my e mail but the sales bloke was very helpful.

Was going to get in contact as suggested & call them today, but had to help someome fix my fence, which wasn't too bad as being outside with the lovely sunny weather, so call them tomorrow will now be on my to do list. :)
    After speaking to Auden direct, very nice people and very helpful, I got to try out several Audens in a shop in Brighton. Unfortunately the necks are much more akin to an electric, very similar to a Brook, just a little bit more fuller, so Audens are now off my list. :'(

Anyone, got anything else suitable!  B)

edited April 2021
    Have had a couple of offers of some interesting nice acoustics, but unfortunately Midlands & North areas, so too far to see & try out beforehand, as acoustics can differ so much, even the same models.

So anyone have something a bit nearer to home that would suit and maybe thinking of selling &/or they may be travelling down this way and we could meet up somewhere!

Now sorted and many thanks for your various PM and offers :3
    Nice Sammy. What did you end up with? Pics?
    edited April 2021
    Nice Sammy. What did you end up with? Pics?

I ended up with a Larrivie OM 03, from a very nice Fretboarder on here. 
    It wasn't the guitar I really went to see, as previously bought a new Larrive guitar, can't remember which model, many years ago and didn't like it at all, so sold it on after a few months. I actually went to see a Martin 00015M, but it had the 1 11/16th fret board which was just too narrow for me, so tried the Larrivie, as he wanted to sell one or the other and it it was just great with a really lovely sound and a perfect 1 3/4 neck for me.  3  Totally different from the previous model I had.  That's why I always say you must try out an acoustic first before buying, as every guitar is a bit different, even the same models!

Its a little bit larger body, just over 15" than I really was looking for, but I just couldn't resist. B
    Will try and take some pics later on in the week and post them.

Thanks Sammy. Health to wear!