SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Royer R101 Ribbon Mic

What's Hot
jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 141
edited April 2021 in Studio & Rec £
After much debate I've decided to sell my Royer R101 ribbon mic. It comes with a nice case, mic cradle and carry pouch.

As you likely know already the Royer R121 has been the industry standard electric guitar amp mic since released (often paired on a cab with an Sm57), whilst also extremely popular with singers, string players, brass and acoustic guitarists alike.

The Royer R101 was released a few years later as a slightly more affordable version; with identical internal components as the R121 (i.e. same ribbon, transformer rare earth neodynium magnets) and still manufactured in the U.S., but with the outer casing produced in China. These were very popular and highly praised in reviews (check out SoundOnSound and RecordingHacks etc), but eventually discontinued.

Note - Ribbon mics are known for being warm / more nautral sounding than condensor mics / closer what the human ear hears. They don't need phantom power and you typically need to set the gain higher on them (much like a dynamic mic / SM7b etc). If you're new to Ribbon mics then there's some great videos on youtube of Fab Dupont from PureMix using them to record an acoustic band (using a mix of different Royer mics).

£525 + post

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments