SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dead thread

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
edited May 2021 in Guitars £
The Eggles!

More details on each below:

Macon Junior - £2,000
HH 96 Droptop - SOLD
HSS 96 Contemporary - SOLD

Happy to post at cost.  Will consider any trades, in any random configuration of cash either way, multiple guitars, whatever.

IMG-5885-2

The Venus!

Full info below.  £750 ONO.

I'm also selling a Mission Engineering Gemini 2 Studio stereo FRFR powered amp/cab (Kemper/Helix, etc.) £1,200 ONO.

Patrick James Eggle 96 - HSS

Gorgeous guitar with very little in the way of marks from use.  Push-push coil-tapping on the humbucker works very nicely and the neck is absolutely wonderful.  As a PRS wide-fat player, it doesn't feel remarkably different, the neck being a reasonable size without being super-slim or chunky.

Comes with the G&G Eggle-branded hard case.  Will gladly post, as I have a box.

Spec as shown in the image below.

£2,000.

IMG-5536 IMG-5537 IMG-5538 IMG-5539 IMG-5540 IMG-5541 IMG-5542 IMG-5543 WG-96-black-12330-dragged
Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3723
    edited May 2021
    Patrick James Eggle Macon Junior in Black

Mojo pickups Humbucker and P90 combo.  Mahogany neck and body.  Rosewood fretboard.  A total rock machine, so good that I now have a PJE Macon Singlecut on order so, while I'm happy to keep hold of this while I wait six months or so, it will ultimately be sold, so no time like the present.

The neck is pretty chunky but not as big as, say, a Nik Huber Krautster II (loved it but the neck was just a little too big).  It has glossed up a little from use but that's to be expected.  It feels great, as it's oiled rather than lacquered.

Comes with a black G&G Eggle-branded hard case.  The bottom end of the lid has split a little but it is still 100% secure.  Will gladly post, as I have a box.

£2,000.

IMG-5806 IMG-5807 IMG-5808 IMG-5809 IMG-5811 IMG-5812 IMG-5813 IMG-5883 IMG-5884

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 829
    As you already know, love that PJE!

In fact, it would probably suit me better than my 96 as this one has my preferred neck profile, plus the HSS pickups make it a tad more versatile...

Someone will be very happy with that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:
    As you already know, love that PJE!

In fact, it would probably suit me better than my 96 as this one has my preferred neck profile, plus the HSS pickups make it a tad more versatile...

Someone will be very happy with that!
    If I could afford to keep three and fund a Macon, I’d not dream of moving it. Wonderful guitars!

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobbRobb Frets: 9
    With @RevMatt on this one.  I've just invested in an LA Pro but would really want to find out what his newer models sound and feel like.  That neck is just an amazing piece of wood and I love the treatment on the body. 

GLWTS and I'll be envious of whoever gets it.
    edited April 2021
    Robb said:
    With @RevMatt on this one.  I've just invested in an LA Pro but would really want to find out what his newer models sound and feel like.  
    I love the LA Pro and Pro II models and am massive advocate of Patrick's original designs from the 90s, but in terms of build quality, his new stuff under the Patrick James Eggle brand really ups the game...
  • RevMatt said:
    Robb said:
    With @RevMatt on this one.  I've just invested in an LA Pro but would really want to find out what his newer models sound and feel like.  
    I love the LA Pro and Pro II models and am massive advocate of Patrick's original designs from the 90s, but in terms of build quality, his new stuff under the Patrick James Eggle brand really ups the game...
    I think the old ones, such as the Berlin, are tremendous. But these are a huge leap forwards. It’s like an older PRS with earlier tuners, etc. and a lacquered neck versus a new one with fancier tuners and oiled neck, etc.

My band, Red For Dissent
    I suppose everyone thinks that the 'old ' stuff is the best (hand built and all), but consistency is probably the most telling factor as you don't want to get an 'friday afternoone' guitar.  Plus CNC and other IT factors can actually add to the quality, rather than detract from it (but of course, price point does matter as mass produced cr*p can have an adverse effect on the playablilty, sound and general usefulness of a product).  That said, I love the fact that my LA2 was before the CNC time, but then I'm probably just a snob about things like this with it being the first 'proper' electric guitar I have ever owned.
    I'm a sad ol' hector...(as in Hector's House - which shows how old I am).
    Robb said:
    I suppose everyone thinks that the 'old ' stuff is the best (hand built and all), but consistency is probably the most telling factor as you don't want to get an 'friday afternoone' guitar.  Plus CNC and other IT factors can actually add to the quality, rather than detract from it (but of course, price point does matter as mass produced cr*p can have an adverse effect on the playablilty, sound and general usefulness of a product).  
    I think the beauty of the current PJE company is that it has retained the small boutique maker ethos rather than growing into a large scale production company - I think there are currently just 4 people in the PJE workforce which is probably fewer than there were in the early days of Patrick Eggle Guitars back in the early 90s. Of course, there are mechanised processes, but it's very much hands on production.

Hector who? ;) 

Be nice to see and hear more about your LA @Robb ; in an appropriate thread or in the Patrick Eggle Guitars forum if you're a member?
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    I’ve been after an hss 96 for absolutely ages. Haven’t seen any with the vintage spec so I ordered a paoletti hss on Thursday night and this comes up. Doh
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2021
    chris78 said:
    I’ve been after an hss 96 for absolutely ages. Haven’t seen any with the vintage spec so I ordered a paoletti hss on Thursday night and this comes up. Doh
    Great timing  o

Genuinely, if anybody is else is in the hunt for an Eggle 96, I have two others, HH, one hardtail, the other trem and will consider letting one of them go first. 

My band, Red For Dissent

Be nice to see and hear more about your LA @Robb ; in an appropriate thread or in the Patrick Eggle Guitars forum if you're a member?

Hi @RevMatt, ; already made a nuisance of myself on the Eggle forum ;). I'm the owner of the LA2 with A.C. On the fretboard that I am trying to get the history of to date.  Didn't know that the current company was so small!  Still producing fantastic looking guitars and envious that @imalrightjack has such a collection :o
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Ooooh if I was in the market for a new guitar that '96 would be the one I'd buy. In fact saying that why am I actually visiting the guitar classifieds defies belief 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    edited April 2021
    Robb said:
    Hi @RevMatt, ;; already made a nuisance of myself on the Eggle forum
    Absolutely not a nuisance at all!  You can see more nice PJE's here, if you haven't already seen them on the PEG forum: 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/203110/premature-ngd-lots-of-patrick-james-eggle-content#latest ;
    RevMatt said:
    Robb said:
    Hi @RevMatt, ;; already made a nuisance of myself on the Eggle forum
    Absolutely not a nuisance at all!  You can see more nice PJE's here, if you haven't already seen them on the PEG forum: 
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/203110/premature-ngd-lots-of-patrick-james-eggle-content#latest ;
    Hadn't see that section and you had already teased the Junior on the PEG forum, so good that you have now got it (and I can see it).  We had a discussion about green guitars and how they are a bit marmite for people, but it does look beautiful and the little touches where the body meets the neck having followed the same curvature just goes to show what fine craftsmanship is still active at PJE.  Mind you the '96 is still astounding; I'm like a kid in a sweet shop (but with no money left to buy :'(  )

• Back up.

My band, Red For Dissent
    edited April 2021
    Patrick James Eggle 96 Droptop HH with tremolo

In amazing condition, super spec as below.  G&G hard case, spec sheet, etc.

£2,200. SOLD. 

Patrick-James-Eggle-Walnut-spec-sheet

IMG-5658
     IMG-5662  IMG-5659 IMG-5660 IMG-5661 IMG-5663 IMG-5664 IMG-5665

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Patrick James Eggle 96 Droptop HH hard-tail

In excellent condition, super spec as below. G&G hard case, spec sheet, etc.  

£2,000.

Screenshot-2021-04-14-at-12-31-48
    seser
    IMG-5544 IMG-5545 IMG-5546 IMG-5547 IMG-5548 IMG-5549 IMG-5550 IMG-5551

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Jaysus. There's more sexiness in this thread than at a world underwear models convention...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • James1981James1981 Frets: 144
    This is an amazing collection. The droptop HH with tremolo is quite possibly the single most exquisite guitar I have ever seen. Simply class! If only..... GLWS(s)
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Cor this thread should be marked as NSFW! Naughty!!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.