Desperado......

What's Hot
...arrangement from the famous Eagles song. Yesterday I felt sad, hence I recorded this. I heard a similar arrangement years ago but I have forgotten where!?!? Maybe someone can shade some light.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14216
    tFB Trader
    I love that song and sadly means so much - Had a friend die over 30 years ago now and they played it at his funeral - Around 20 years ago I saw the Eagles at Wembley - Hot summer night and Don came on stage to do this on his own, as an encore - Just the 1st 2/3 chords on piano and it hit me - I still love the song but every time I hear it it reminds me of a friend - But Don's voice on that track is just full of emotion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I love that song and sadly means so much - Had a friend die over 30 years ago now and they played it at his funeral - Around 20 years ago I saw the Eagles at Wembley - Hot summer night and Don came on stage to do this on his own, as an encore - Just the 1st 2/3 chords on piano and it hit me - I still love the song but every time I hear it it reminds me of a friend - But Don's voice on that track is just full of emotion
    I feel your pain, this song means a lot to lot of people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Good to listen to though - I like hearing different guitar solo interpretations of classic songs - I try to play more such songs these days, not in a Hank Marvin way - Not in a Martin Taylor Jazz way (obviously without such ability) - But almost as though I'm a poor mans Jeff Beck or Hendrix , or even Johnny A and think what would there approach be to play such a song 

I'm playing less and less '12 bar blues jam' with less of 'measurable' goal to achieve at the end of the day - But trying to play more such songs and have carte blanche to create your own version - Feel there is then a purpose and an outcome at the end of the day to such an approach - But the options of how you play such a song is vast 
  • Im due to say my goodbyes to a friend who passed unknown to me recently, he was the guy who started me on guitar.
    I took it back up last year and have worked my way up to 12st and do a decent rendition of Desperado.
    So thats the plan, just myself and the guitar, some favourite sweets he was daft on and a farewell to a friend.
    tFB Trader
    Ten-Coats said:
    Im due to say my goodbyes to a friend who passed unknown to me recently, he was the guy who started me on guitar.
    I took it back up last year and have worked my way up to 12st and do a decent rendition of Desperado.
    So thats the plan, just myself and the guitar, some favourite sweets he was daft on and a farewell to a friend.
    Best wishes - That song has meant so much to me for so many years 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    Lovely bit of playing, that's the kinda style I tend to do a lot now too ... take a song a figure out how to play it solo on electric 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DNHDNH Frets: 15
    I really enjoyed that - could have listened to more! Great playing. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Very nice playing and sweet tone.

If I was to be ultra critical I'd maybe add the tiniest touch of compression to just round the edges off a little. That's probably more a personal taste thing though.
    tFB Trader
    Danny1969 said:
    Lovely bit of playing, that's the kinda style I tend to do a lot now too ... take a song a figure out how to play it solo on electric 
    I'm trying to move more to this approach - Crazy , but this is how most other musicians who play other instruments would approach their playing - I think to many of us get into riffs + pentatonic doodling then soloing - Then forget that there are so many great melodies/songs to work on and play them in your style - Either single note style, or embellish with chords 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    Danny1969 said:
    I'm trying to move more to this approach - Crazy , but this is how most other musicians who play other instruments would approach their playing - I think to many of us get into riffs + pentatonic doodling then soloing - Then forget that there are so many great melodies/songs to work on and play them in your style - Either single note style, or embellish with chords 
    Yes indeed. What I find to is playing this way means you understand the song totally, as in you're  playing the melody but you also have to know the underpinning chord and bass note ... or know how to imply the chord. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Thank you all for the comments! Appreciated!!!
  • I am transcribing the tabs by the way, I have had some requests to do that.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Very nice indeed. Needs a longer version!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Well played. Possible that this tune could be one of the monthly challenges @stratman3142 ?  Solo playing, acoustic, electric or bass 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited April 2021
    Very nice version.

Rocker said:
    ...Possible that this tune could be one of the monthly challenges @stratman3142 ?  Solo playing, acoustic, electric or bass 

At the moment we've got Solo of the Month, Riff of the Month, the Composition Challenge and the Cover Challenge (run by @poopot). Do you mean a solo piece which could be an alternative to the next Riff of the Month. Or a solo over the chords for Solo of the Month. Otherwise, it might fall into the category of the Cover Challenge. 

It's not a competition.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    It would appear to fit the Cover Challenge category nicely.  Alerting @poopot of this discussion.  The song is well known and adaptable to interpretations.  Just an idea that might be useful sometime.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited April 2021
    Rocker said:
    It would appear to fit the Cover Challenge category nicely.  Alerting @poopot of this discussion.  The song is well known and adaptable to interpretations.  Just an idea that might be useful sometime.
    It’s winner stays on with the cover challenge...

the winner of the challenge gets to pick the next cover...

there’s still time to enter this challenge if you win you can pick desperado
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    poopot said:
    Rocker said:
    It’s winner stays on with the cover challenge...

the winner of the challenge gets to pick the next cover...

there’s still time to enter this challenge if you win you can pick desperado

OK. If I win, I'll pick it. Which could be seen as a very desperado attempt to get votes, because I never win :)

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Top tune, was singing it (badly) this morning.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• I To get things started here is the track for you to play with https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbyc5man9f4uax8/desperado.wav?dl=0
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk