Hazelnut Yogurts

What's Hot
SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
On the way back from work I had a discussion with my mate that my alcohol dependence is mostly due to the fact that no one stocks hazelnut yogurts anymore.  I made a valid point that if I could still access hazelnut yogurts, I would have no need for alcohol.  He then made the point that it's because I haven't had hazelnut yogurts since I was five.  But I disagree.  We then got into an intense discussion about natural yogurt and hazelnut essence and possibly making your own, but I don't think that would work for me.

Does anyone stock hazelnut yogurts anymore?  WTF happened to hazelnut flavoured yogurts?
Backdoor Children Of The Sock
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    You should at least give the hazelnut essence thing a chance.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You're not looking hard enough. Anytime I fancy a yoghurt, and pop to the fridge to get one, all I can find is bastard hazelnut flavour! Mrs Returns includes these in the rather silly idea that she should always buy a full variety of flavours, rather than sticking to the ones that people actually like. (You know; strawberry, peach and of course, the nectar of the gods; black cherry!). 

Who the hell wants their desert ruined with wood chips anyway? Fucking deviants! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1556
    Sainsbury’s sell an own brand hazelnut yoghurt in big pots.... just finished one!

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/Product/sainsburys-hazelnut-yoghurt-450g

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    edited April 2021
    You're not looking hard enough. Anytime I fancy a yoghurt, and pop to the fridge to get one, all I can find is bastard hazelnut flavour! Mrs Returns includes these in the rather silly idea that she should always buy a full variety of flavours, rather than sticking to the ones that people actually like. (You know; strawberry, peach and of course, the nectar of the gods; black cherry!). 

Who the hell wants their desert ruined with wood chips anyway? Fucking deviants! 

That’s local to you, you should be able to pop down Longley Farm and drink it straight from the cow! Not sure if the hazelnuts would get stuck in the udder teats though.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12338
    You're not looking hard enough. Anytime I fancy a yoghurt, and pop to the fridge to get one, all I can find is bastard hazelnut flavour! Mrs Returns includes these in the rather silly idea that she should always buy a full variety of flavours, rather than sticking to the ones that people actually like. (You know; strawberry, peach and of course, the nectar of the gods; black cherry!). 

No one really likes Peach do they? I thought they were in multi packs to remind you life is hard and bad things happen?

black cherry is the only flavour that matters, with strawberry and lemon as adequate alternatives. 
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    Anyone remember Choc-Top yoghurts? And junket? Apologies for going off topic. Milky milky....
  • M&S do their own 'Super Nutty'
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    +1 on all the black cherry love here. I’m also up for Greek yoghurt and honey - all the satisfaction of feeling you have eaten something healthy whilst really it’s just been fat and sugar. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    I bloody love Longley Farm yoghurts, and hazelnut is my go to flavour. Being teetotal, maybe not having it is in some way attributed to alcohol dependence. Although I’m not going to start drinking again to find out!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12338
    +1 on all the black cherry love here. I’m also up for Greek yoghurt and honey - all the satisfaction of feeling you have eaten something healthy whilst really it’s just been fat and sugar. 
    Missus Munckee buys frozen fruit (for her gin) and for work she puts frozen fruit in a tub with natural yogurt, by the time it gets to lunchtime the fruit has melted but kept the yogurt cold. 

It’s lovely. 
  • munckee said:

No one really likes Peach do they? I thought they were in multi packs to remind you life is hard and bad things happen?

black cherry is the only flavour that matters, with strawberry and lemon as adequate alternatives. 
    Lemon is for cleaning products. Period. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4137
    I remember the proper old Ski Yoghurt pots from the 70s /80s  they did a nice hazelnut one, I could not for the life of me imagine at one time why people would want one ,but they were not too bad once I’d tried them 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Nocciola Gelato is what you need to try before yearning for the simple yoghurt. Give yourself a treat and never look back.

https://www.remeogelato.com/home/where-to-buy/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3v-z_Yb07wIVzLHtCh1EJQf9EAAYASABEgJGdfD_BwE

(Taking yourself to Italy for a break and trying it there is more favourable!)
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    munckee said:

Lemon is for cleaning products. Period. 
    Oh come on. Referee. Lemon drizzle cake. Lemon tarts. Limoncello. 

Heathen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    This is great news.  I wonder of the supermarket stocks are regional though.  All they got down here is some stupid berry and perfume flavours.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    Good call, and another childhood memory - which I reignited a couple of years ago in Munich, where the local mini supermarket had Muller Hazlenut Yoghurt, complete with hazelnut ‘bits’.

Cue searching in the UK. Our local Morrisons briefly stocked the Muller version and then their own brand version, and now neither...

The hunt continues.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was in my local M&S this moring and they had no Super Nutty.

Maybe there is a shortage?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I was in my local M&S this moring and they had no Super Nutty.

Maybe there is a shortage?
    The hazelnuts we eat in the UK mostly come from Turkey so Covid/ Brexit and there were concerns about Turkish farmers exploiting refugees and child labour so a shortage until they come back in season in the autumn wouldn't be suprising.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1556
    Went today, but still none in the Stoke Newington Morrisons...