Has anyone got a 50k Log pot for a strat (short shaft) to sell to me please?

What's Hot
I'm finding it very hard to find one
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10401
    Search for a 47K, that's a preferred value and as likely to be as close to 50K as the tolerance on pots is pretty wide  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659
    I can't help with the pot (other than to say get a 250k lin and put a 50k from one lug to wiper..)

What is the rationale for the 50k? Active circuits? Swells of some sort?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    That seems quite expensive just for a pot. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    prowla said:
    That seems quite expensive just for a pot. 
    It does, but this combination - 50K Log, solder loop terminals, split/splined shaft - seems quite hard to find, and it's still not really that much money... just over a fiver including postage.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    I replaced the volume pot on a friend's Clapton Strat, which I recall was a 50k log. I've gone back through my records and it was 24mm diameter with split/splined shaft, Fender part number was 021682. It cost me £7.98 delivered (3 years ago) from Strings Direct.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11889
    ICBM said:
    looks good

I also found this
    Fender CTS Control Pot, 50K Audio, Split Shaft, PC Mount – A Strings

trouble is, playing the guitar now - I suspect that the neck "pickup" (the sustainer sensor that doubles up as the neck pickup) does not reach full treble until higher up the resistance (than the passive pickups that have gone through the preamp), need to do some more checks before ordering
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 761
    edited April 2021
    Not so easy to get. The Fender part for the Clapton and Powerhouse Strats (002-1682-000) seems to be out of stock everywhere.

If you don't mind a full size 24mm Alpha pot, albeit with an 8mm diameter bushing and 18 course spline shaft, then Axesrus have 25k and 50K values in Log, Lin and reverse Log (C). 

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/Medium-Shaft-Alpha-Pots-p/medalpha.htm

Probably wise to see what the inside of the knob looks like before ordering. Some knobs, such as those from Axesrus will fit Alpha or 24 fine spline CTS pots. Others will fit one or the other but not both.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom