Superlead/50JMP from Europe?

What's Hot
Hi guys,
potentially dumb question but il ask anyway. If I was to purchase an early 70s superlead or superbass or a 50 from Italy for example and import it back to the UK is there anything that I would need to change other than the plug? I’m pretty sure they all had 120/220/240 voltage selectors so that should be ok. Anything else that I’d need to be concerned with other than the usual checks when buying an old amp? 
Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I’ve seem some with 110,220,230v and some with 240/250 don’t know if it’s just the labelling.

don’t forget there’s now 20%VAT
  • John_A said:
    I’ve seem some with 110,220,230v and some with 240/250 don’t know if it’s just the labelling.

don’t forget there’s now 20%VAT
    Thanks mate 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    The old ones should be the same, but it's likely to be pointless as they're more expensive over there usually.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    The old ones should be the same, but it's likely to be pointless as they're more expensive over there usually.
    The guy is going to ship it over here as he’s now moved here and I won’t have to pay any shipping or import charges. So do you think it would be fine? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Delaware_123 said:

The guy is going to ship it over here as he’s now moved here and I won’t have to pay any shipping or import charges. So do you think it would be fine? 
    Yes, if it's set to 240V and has all the other stuff done that you would want on an old JMP - Bulgin socket replaced with IEC (TAD vertical type), selectors replaced or hardwired, screen resistors fitted, filter caps and bias caps changed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    Delaware_123 said:

Yes, if it's set to 240V and has all the other stuff done that you would want on an old JMP - Bulgin socket replaced with IEC (TAD vertical type), selectors replaced or hardwired, screen resistors fitted, filter caps and bias caps changed.
    Thanks a lot really appreciate the advice