Anyone aware of flattley guitar pedals ?

darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
I was doing some research as I've just got a Thorpy Camoflange, and wanted an alternative with a totally different voice to create two distinct sounds (turns out I didn't need it, I could create two different enough sounds with the Thorpy)

I found a flanger from Flattley https://flattleyguitarpedals.com/product-category/guitar-pedals/ and started looking at the other stuff.

There seems to be some visually impressive pedals, and some clear clone/based on pedals (Klon pedal for example).

Never seen them mentioned before, anyone know anything about them ?

are they unique, well done clones, sloppy clones etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Had a quick look at their website but the very pale blue font on an off white background made reading it almost impossible.
    Dunno why they thought that was a good idea.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    edited April 2021
    Pretty sure that's a BYOC kit inside that flanger. Their stereo analogue flanger has the same knob layout and the same one/two BBD chip idea.

https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/modulation/products/analogflanger

There's a lot of work going into cosmetics, fancy knobs etc, and the kit alone would set you back about £100 plus whatever a few hours assembly work is worth to you, but they ought to be more upfront about what's inside.

For balance, I should say that if it is a BYOC Flanger it's very versatile, sounds good, and I like mine very much.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    @english_bob are you the duck of death
    phil_b said:
    Er... I did use that username once on R****rd's guitar forum. I think he'd banned me once for pointing out that he could be a bit of a plum sometimes.
    Or did you just spot where I got *this* username from? You'd be surprised how many people think I'm just an English bloke called Bob.

• They look interesting but I’m trying to move away from the whole pedal Riverdance now
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    phil_b said:
    Er... I did use that username once on R****rd's guitar forum. I think he'd banned me once for pointing out that he could be a bit of a plum sometimes.
    Or did you just spot where I got *this* username from? You'd be surprised how many people think I'm just an English bloke called Bob.
    No it was just a reference to the unforgiven

Just made me chuckle because a mate of mine used to refer to himself as the duck of love after seeing the film
    phil_b said:
    No it was just a reference to the unforgiven

Just made me chuckle because a mate of mine used to refer to himself as the duck of love after seeing the film

I'm always surprised how few people get the reference. Full cinema nerd points to you.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26923
    They look very nicely presented, though I think the writing on the knobs would drive me bonkers as it would be wonky as soon as you turn them up? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires