My Home Set-Up; Looping/OP1 and Reverb Dilemma ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9525
edited April 2021 in FX
Below is my current home set up for now...

I'm working on my playing, theory, songs etc and mainly play into the Redsound for looping and creativity.

As usual, when you head down the rabbit-hole, Ive tried various things. Current dilemma is the reverb.

I've just purchased the OTO Bam which is very very good indeed. It seems to sit very well in the mix, has awesome sounds, and is superbly made. The analogue slight edge-of-breakup it offers is really musical.

In fact, the whole pedal is musical.

And you may be sensing a 'but' coming on here, and you would be correct.

The power supply is a lovely bit of kit, but it needs 15v. It's also not really a pedal. But thats no problem, as my main use (and the dilemma) is shown below. Nonetheless, this is a piece of kit I WANT to own, but at nearly £500 it is probably overkill for me...

The looper will now be a EXH 95000; too many limitations in the otherwise excellent (but pricey) Aeros Loop Studio. I'll be sending that back...

I think I need a more simpler reverb, and this is the main rub. I love the Neunaber, and it has stereo ins and outs and is silent. Im sure a Meris/Dark World/other could work here too.

Its just that the Immerse MKII has an incredible warm verb and thats what I'm after.

The other pedal I'd really like to try is the UAD Golden Reverb, but they are pretty much unobtainable at the moment...

The main aim is to use the verb for rough mastering, and to play the OP-1 through. The OP-1 remains the most creative machine Ive ever used, and I love the drum loops that I can create.

But which silent warm reverb ?

Any thoughts ?!?!?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Have you tried connecting them with wires? 

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Empress have always had a good rep for their reverb. I’ve enjoyed the effects on the Zoia and I understand that some the algorithms are the same as their reverb pedal.

likewise the Polyeffects Beebo has got good write ups for its ir reverb capabilities.

I think Stone Deaf were also working on a digital reverb with a variety of algorithms. Their account says something new is incoming, but not sure if it’s a digital pedal yet. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9525
    Have you tried connecting them with wires? 

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Empress have always had a good rep for their reverb. I’ve enjoyed the effects on the Zoia and I understand that some the algorithms are the same as their reverb pedal.

likewise the Polyeffects Beebo has got good write ups for its ir reverb capabilities.

I think Stone Deaf were also working on a digital reverb with a variety of algorithms. Their account says something new is incoming, but not sure if it’s a digital pedal yet. 
    The cables ! I knew something was missing !

Incoming Meris Merc 7 to see how that handles the verb...
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Not wanting to derail thread but what would say are the limitations of the Aeros Loop Studio... 2 min loop length limit? Am curious as considering one but would rather avoid what could be a costly mistake!
    Benm39 said:
    Not wanting to derail thread but what would say are the limitations of the Aeros Loop Studio... 2 min loop length limit? Am curious as considering one but would rather avoid what could be a costly mistake!
    Ben, the Aeros It’s a lovely looper; well made, silent in use, foot switchable and usable...

BUT,

Ive just returned mine. I need reverse and panning on each track, and this has sadly forced my hand.

Ive gone (again) for the excellent EHX 95000, which I’m delighted with...

Im sure future software upgrades will make the Aeros superb.

Ive just got the patience of a 3 year old...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 707
    Cheers Wazmeister, much appreciated! Going to spend a while getting my head around the FM3 (early impressions - love it!) but then will probably want a decent dedicated looper...
    Benm39 said:
    Cheers Wazmeister, much appreciated! Going to spend a while getting my head around the FM3 (early impressions - love it!) but then will probably want a decent dedicated looper...
    same set up mate ! The FM3 is superb.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I love the m7 but, it's not a straight forward reverb, it excels at adding movement and modulation. Really only shines in stereo.

Be interesting to see how you get on with it.