Pedalboard Mic stand

What's Hot
Hey guys,

I'm always trying to find better Mic stand solution over my pedal board to save space and help stability so the boom doesn't topple over.
Has anyone tried something like this:

https://www.muziker.co.uk/on-stage-gpa1003

If not, any other bright ideas on reducing the footprint of the tripod feet and preventing toppling?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    Not tried that, I originally set my old school pedal board with a gap in the middle so one tripod leg would always face toward me and not occupy too much real estate. I later got used to having the stand off to the side and the boom coming across from the right. It took a bit of getting used to as I liked to hide behind the mic stand upright post! These days a HXFX and a Wah/Overdrive is the limit of floor fillers so space is no longer the final frontier. ;-)

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3650
    I've been looking for something like this for a while.  Far from perfect, but it's the closest yet.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    I put 2 little legs on my board so it sits nicely over the mic stand 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    The trouble is that, with a Helix, the inclination is too great.  Especially for the expression pedal.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6987
    Interesting solution.  I normally just slide one of the legs under the pedalboard from the side to minimise how offset it has to be.
    Of course the best solution would be to become an overnight sensation and only play stadiums with huge stages.  Oh well, better get some more practice in.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1812
    I've been using an IKEA Capita Stainless Steel Leg bolted upside down to the underside of my PedalTrain - the leg part of it then replaces the whole Tripod of my mic stand as it actually fits inside the mic upright snugly enough to be attached properly (it helps that the Bass Player is an engineering tutor at local college so he sorted it all out) - works a treat..

https://line6.com/support/topic/15903-ikea-capita-legs-make-perfect-pedalboard-mic-stand-mounts/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PuddlesurferPuddlesurfer Frets: 8
    edited April 2021
    My solution to this thorny problem. Twin boards create a practical performance space, the round mic stand base is 'wedged' between the boards for extra stability.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    When I used to use a large pedalboard I got a bracket / pole socket from B&Q that I fixed on to the board, replacing the tripod from the mic stand - just push the stand into the socket at gigs and saved a lot of space.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love the innovative ideas above! 

I might give it a whirl and report back for the team.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    My solution to this thorny problem. Twin boards create a practical performance space, the round mic stand base is 'wedged' between the boards for extra stability.

Loving the brand exclusivity on each board - fabulous @Puddlesurfer ;
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    I picked up a broken mic stand for free and had a nut welded in the tube at the bottom, then secured a bolt through my pedalboard into which the mic stand threaded - instant pedalboard mic stand! 

Beware though - there can be some audible clicks and thumps when operating your pedals (unless they're Boss style switching) until the bloody drummer starts up that is.