A signature or guitar you wish that brand would reissue

What's Hot

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2094
    A truly historically accurate ‘59 Burst 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    Epiphone Poppa Chubby Flying V.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • liamon said:
    Proper Gibson RDs 

this.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Gibson buckethead. 

27” scale, with a bigger body. 

Mental thing, rare and super expensive when they come up. 
    Good shout, although I'd probably find that scale unplayable.
    edited April 2021
    Charvel 750XL superstrat.

Floyd, HH, Gibson scale, neckthrough, arched top, mahogany body, thick maple cap. Les Paul killer with 24 frets and proper upper fret access.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22733
    carlos said:
    Gibson buckethead. 

27” scale, with a bigger body. 

Mental thing, rare and super expensive when they come up. 
    Good shout, although I'd probably find that scale unplayable.
    It's a cool guitar, the momentary switches are brilliant.  But I agree the scale would be too long, and for me the whole thing would be too big.  Maybe I'd like one in normal LP size.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Philly_Q said:
    Walter Trout Strat.  I'm not really keen on his music but he's got the coolest Strat.

Walter Trout has a spiritual bond with his Strat of 30 years  earofnewtcom
    I love that he cuts the tassles off the lower right arm
    of his jacket so they don’t impede his playing 
  • KevSKevS Frets: 477
    I wouldn't be able to afford a  Gibson Mick Ronson Les Paul Custom with a stripped front..
    He deserves a tribute guitar though,I bet a lot of players wanted a Les Paul because of him..
    Never saw an Andy Powell Gibson Flying V either..
    Or a Robert Smith Jazzmaster with an added Teisco Pickup..
    Maybe one or all of these have existed,but I don't know about them..

Reissues,if not too expensive..I think some of the Framus Billy Lorento Guitars look cool..
    One in Red and Black please..

I don't understand why Fender Hockey Stick 12s are never successful..
    I was skint,as usual when they reissued it..
    One in candy apple red please..

Yamahe Super Flighter..

Another Ibanez Blazer reissue..A very practical sensible guitar..

A non rattling,non bigsby affordable Korean Gretsch Country Gent reissue with decent pickups.. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22733
    edited April 2021
    KevS said:
    I wouldn't be able to afford a  Gibson Mick Ronson Les Paul Custom with a stripped front..
    He deserves a tribute guitar though,I bet a lot of players wanted a Les Paul because of him..

Kevin Chilcott of Royal/Royale guitars made an Andy Powell Flying V, but Gibson have ignored him.

Didn't Schecter make a Robert Smith signature?  A weird looking thing with a huge body... but I can't remember what the guitar was like.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KevSKevS Frets: 477
    edited April 2021
    Philly_Q said:
    KevS said:

Kevin Chilcott of Royal/Royale guitars made an Andy Powell Flying V, but Gibson have ignored him.

Didn't Schecter make a Robert Smith signature?  A weird looking thing with a huge body... but I can't remember what the guitar was like.
    Yes on the Robert Smith Schecter thing,I think on him with a Jazzmaster though..

Poor Andy,,he deserves recognition..
    When I think of older flying V players..Albert King,Dave Davies,Hendrix,Schenker and Andy Powell..
    Did Lonnie Mack play a V too..?
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Philly_Q said:

Yup - Ultracure:

https://i.imgur.com/GiwxtCY.jpg

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/robert-smith-ultracure-satin-black-detail

https://youtu.be/NFNij1lq8OI

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    KevS said:
    Philly_Q said:
    KevS said:

Yes on the Robert Smith Schecter thing,I think on him with a Jazzmaster though..

When I think of older flying V players..Albert King,Dave Davies,Hendrix,Schenker and Andy Powell..
    Lonnie’s had the Bigsby straddling the gap in the V which is always a weird look. Gibson did make a signature model at some point, a quick Google says possibly just for Carter guitars in Nashville in 1993/94 so they’ll be rare as hen’s teeth and possibly deserving a reissue. I suspect that the nostalgia market for Lonnie isn’t huge but maybe as a different V...

https://youtu.be/CBdstMh5PU0
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I’d love a proper re issue of the steinberger gl/cricket bat guitar. The originals go for £3/4 k now. Steinberger/music yo did a reissue 20 years ago, but it was a bolt on neck. The original was one piece body and neck and the body was hollow with a removable top.
    I’d love a proper re issue of the steinberger gl/cricket bat guitar. The originals go for £3/4 k now. Steinberger/music yo did a reissue 20 years ago, but it was a bolt on neck. The original was one piece body and neck and the body was hollow with a removable top.
    That would be fantastic, but are there any manufacturers out there using graphite/carbon like that? I have a GR-4 and I'd love to be able to buy the classic cricket bat, don't really care about the all wood bolt-ons.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    carlos said:
    I’d love a proper re issue of the steinberger gl/cricket bat guitar. The originals go for £3/4 k now. Steinberger/music yo did a reissue 20 years ago, but it was a bolt on neck. The original was one piece body and neck and the body was hollow with a removable top.
    That would be fantastic, but are there any manufacturers out there using graphite/carbon like that? I have a GR-4 and I'd love to be able to buy the classic cricket bat, don't really care about the all wood bolt-ons.

I can only think of Status - they mostly make basses but do have some all-graphite guitars (not Steinberger shaped though)
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 583
    edited April 2021
    carlos said:
    No, I don't think anyone really is. It seems mad, the originals go for big bucks secondhand, headless guitars seem to be more popular than ever with Kiesel, Stranberg, Mayones etc. Gibson own Steinberger so they could easily do it. People are making trans trems and S trems now that the patent has expired.

Have you seen the artistdes headless? Closest I can see to the ethos of the GL (one piece body/neck). £3k, tho.

https://aristidesinstruments.com/guitar/h-06
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    George Harrrison Rosewood Telecaster at a sensible price
    https://reverb.com/news/the-story-behind-george-harrisons-rosewood-telecaster
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    duotone said:
    George Harrrison Rosewood Telecaster at a sensible price
    https://reverb.com/news/the-story-behind-george-harrisons-rosewood-telecaster
    Tokai did several variations over the years. It looks like some where rosewood, some where partly rosewood and some were just stained bodies.  There is a rosewood coloured/ Harrison inspired one in the current catalogue the ATE136RR.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    KevS said:
    Philly_Q said:
    KevS said:

Lonnie’s had the Bigsby straddling the gap in the V which is always a weird look. Gibson did make a signature model at some point, a quick Google says possibly just for Carter guitars in Nashville in 1993/94 so they’ll be rare as hen’s teeth and possibly deserving a reissue. I suspect that the nostalgia market for Lonnie isn’t huge but maybe as a different V...

https://youtu.be/CBdstMh5PU0
    See also my suggestion of the Epiphone Poppa Chubby.

I have no idea who Poppa Chubby is/was, but he clearly had excellent taste in guitars... What isn’t to love about a ‘59 style Korina V with P90s at a reasonable price?

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...