Oil City: a new pickup nestling amongst the stones

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9987
edited April 2021 in Made in the UK tFB Trader

This is the new Oil City Copperfield ... a recreation of one of the pickup in the most iconic blackguard Tele of our time. The original has only two mounting points - as the pickup was taken from a lap steel. I may do a limited release of two mounting point versions if the demand is there. Don't forget to take off your bottom E string and tune to 'G' for the full effect.  

This is just one of the new pickup releases from us this spring :-)
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Copperfield
    That's what I call taking the Mic(awber).

Which OCP humbucker model would you recommend to complete the illusion? :)

Can the new pickup be ordered with three conductors? (i.e. Separate baseplate ground.) This could prove handy for users of the Schaller Megaswitch M SS3 circuit with its phase reversal and series/parallel options.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9987
    tFB Trader
    The natural choice would be the Riot Act (mounted screw poles towards the bridge ... as the output is close to ideal, and the alnico 3 magnet would fit in well with the Copperfield's A3 magnets.
    The Copperfield is part of my Masterwound range, so options like separate baseplate ground are no extra charge ... just tell me and you get it :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom