Danish Pete's Non Standard Silver Sky

What's Hot
skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
edited April 2021 in Guitar
I saw this and while I thought "awww....there's nice to see more Top Gear Guitar love", I really wondered if Mr Mayer really really gave his blessing for Danish Pete's Purple Rain coloured PRS Silver Sky

Damn it. Just make it a standard colour already.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    I got the impression that it was Paul who gave his blessing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    Reading the comments on the thread, not sure. I would have thought it was Paul but remember that John Mayer is a colour Nazi when it comes to the silver sky. Could be it was the PRS himself.
    I think Dodgem Blue is their best colour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    I think Danish Pete's best quality is his liking of all things purple.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Nothing wrong with purple, I've got something coming that'll have a purple top and headstock
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Why don't people talk about Chappers anymore? Has Danish Pete stolen his limelight?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    edited April 2021
    He moved to Malta pre-Covid so physically not in the country.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    Philly_Q said:
    Nothing wrong with purple, I've got something coming that'll have a purple top and headstock
    Absolutely, I was being flippant, but purple's great.
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    Looks great, not sure I have seen enough new teslas in that colour for John to sign it off but could be wrong
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    There is an interview with JM and PRS about colours and so many new colours on cars - Especially metallic based colours and this has influenced them both to try and move away from the traditional Fender colours to something fresh/exciting - Might not work for say a Fender Custom Shop, but for a new model/company it appears to be accepted - Good news
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    There is an interview with JM and PRS about colours and so many new colours on cars - Especially metallic based colours and this has influenced them both to try and move away from the traditional Fender colours to something fresh/exciting - Might not work for say a Fender Custom Shop, but for a new model/company it appears to be accepted - Good news
    I like the concept but unfortunately, for much of the Skyline range, he seems to be basing it off of the Honda Jazz retirement colour collection.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    He moved to Malta pre-Covid so physically not in the country.
    We’re saved!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd love a singlecut or les paul in metallic teal. I've seen it on some cars and reckon it's pretty cool. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5732
    dindude said:
    I like the concept but unfortunately, for much of the Skyline range, he seems to be basing it off of the Honda Jazz retirement colour collection.
    I blame Leo himself for the continuing popularity of Hearing Aid Beige 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    I think the Orion Green looks great - but web pics don't do it justice

And it looks like Fiat, with the 500 models, have only looked at the Fender colour chart - I keep seeing 60's Strats every time I see a 500 on the road 

Some car colours can look epic - some sick and others bland - Some stylish - Just had a look at the Mercedes colour chart but web pics don't show the finer detail - But they do a dark grey metallic with a hint of green in it that looks so stylish - Maybe to dark for a guitar

To be fair, Fender have tried some 'new colours' even since the 80's on various Strat Plus models - But on some/many models then hard to know if it is the guitar itself that flopped or the finish 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    skinfreak said:
    Reading the comments on the thread, not sure. I would have thought it was Paul but remember that John Mayer is a colour Nazi when it comes to the silver sky. Could be it was the PRS himself.
    it was JM. 100%
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    I don't understand the obsession with purple. 

But then I quite like sunburst, red and black.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    I loathe purple.
    Just thought I'd make my position clear.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    ThorpyFX said:
    skinfreak said:
    it was JM. 100%
    that sounds like insider info! 

My thought was JM too.  I'm not sure Pete would be so excited looking at the phone to see Paul, as they have met many times before.  Also, why would Lee DM Paul, and not just ring him?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    edited April 2021
    Why isn't the Danish Pete Les Paul purple?
    And when do we get Danish Pete bacon, in purple?
    Or a range of purple Danish Pete pastries?