The daft things we did as kids ...

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
I can relate to so much of this video ...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Loved that .................just so true ;we can all relate to it
    Only problem is ........what do you do when you have a 23 year old like this ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    So silly.

Excellent  :3

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I still do the wax thing on the finger tips now and I'm 52. But in my case it's to avoid leaving finger prints when I rob banks. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1513
    Most of that. I once stuck my finger onto the bar of an electric fire to see if it was getting warm. my first experience of 240volts!! Ended up as a bloody spark. Figure that out!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    Yes I can remember some of these

3/30 and the vibrating ruler - Had so many telling off's in class for that - I loved it 

Surprised the comb and a bit of paper to make a 'mouth organ' is not there

Recall in the school library once we found a new roll of sellotape (unused) - Think it said 25m so me and a few mates thought we'd better check it was correct and un-did the whole tape, bit by bit against a 6" ruler and then threw it all away 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    Haha accurate! 

I used to mess with staples a fair bit too. Either loading the stapler like it was a heavy support weapon and clicking it, ready to fire, or trying to manually separate the staples individually lol.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I remember that if we found a box with some matches we would do that thing where you flick one off the box and it lights and flies through the air
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18684
    axisus said:
    I remember that if we found a box with some matches we would do that thing where you flick one off the box and it lights and flies through the air
    Yeah, definitely lacking a few pyrotechnics, projectiles & other dangerous fun things that we used to get up to.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    Remember cap guns. Taking the gun powder for rolls and rolls of the stuff and making a small bomb.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
    edited April 2021
    Me and my mate put milk in a Soda Stream, drank it and vomited the lot up within seconds. It was the the early ‘80s we’d Soda Stream anything!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    The things we did as kids with no money:

Does anyone remember making a matchstick gun out of a bit of wood and two hair grips?

What about firing V shaped bits of paper across the classroom with an elastic band ("You could have somebody's eye out boy..!")

Making a drainpipe "sing" with some lighted newspaper... 

Hours of fun with half an old tennis ball turned inside out to make it spring off the floor.

Matchstick diver out of burnt match and an old pop bottle filled with water.

Making a garden cane sling with a length of string with a knot in the end - send it for miles.

Musical drinking straws - flatten and cut the end into a V to create a reed.

Even cheaper - use a blade of grass between your hands.

Cheaper still - learn to wolf whistle and hoot like an owl.

"Soap box" carts made from old pram/pushchair wheels.

TBH I haven't even scratched the surface - and you try telling the young people of today...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    Putting glue on my fingers and peeling it off always fascinated me. Copydex worked best or we had stuff called Cow Gum at school that was similar. 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited April 2021
    Yeah, definitely lacking a few pyrotechnics, projectiles & other dangerous fun things that we used to get up to.
    Shooting paper pellets with an elastic band, and causing explosions in the chemistry lab.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    In the infants we had a bottle of milk every day and a little red straw to drink it. We would hold the straw in our teeth and stretch it to about a foot long. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7137
    axisus said:
    In the infants we had a bottle of milk every day and a little red straw to drink it. We would hold the straw in our teeth and stretch it to about a foot long. 
    Thatcher the milk snatcher!

The milk was epic when I was a kid, loved my little bottle daily at school.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Surprised the comb and a bit of paper to make a 'mouth organ' is not there.
    It's stuck in Crosstown Traffic. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    Neill said:
    The things we did as kids with no money:

What about firing V shaped bits of paper across the classroom with an elastic band ("You could have somebody's eye out boy..!")

Even cheaper - use a blade of grass between your hands.

"Soap box" carts made from old pram/pushchair wheels.

Had hours of fun with mates and a soap box and went on quite side roads with them, especially with some incline - Still have a few bruises to prove it - Summer holidays were great back then 

Forgot the blade of grass - might try it again

Either fire the laggy band on its own, from you finger, or as you say a paper V missile catapult style 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    There was actually a real tournament for that 'bouncing ruler' thing when I was at school. It was held all over Europe.
    I made it to the final one year and had to go to France.
    They held it in the Dordogne......

"Taxi"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18684
    @Neill   'Making a drainpipe "sing" with some lighted newspaper.' Hard to replicate with plastic downpipes, but with cast iron the sound was glorious  :3
    Making blow darts out of pins and a bit of knitting wool bound with cotton & fired out of Bic biro tubes. Would pierce a school blazer and stung like hell.
    My matchstick gun used an old fashioned dolly clothes peg, a pop bottle rubber seal & a single hair grip.
    Making catapults (catties or gatties) with 1/4" square elastic (laccy). Genuinely dangerous...
    Putting 6" nails on the local railway line to flatten them, then making them into knives or spear tips (no, not for 'hood turf war stuff, just for chucking about).
    Happy days  :)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    We used to make rocket launchers from drainpipes and fireworks. Seems really stupid now I think about it : )