SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Kustom Coupe 36 £SOLD

What's Hot
YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1185
edited August 2022 in Amps £
For sale is my Kustom Coupe 36 combo. In pretty good condition, sounds great but I don't have the space any more.

Kustom ’36 Coupe
Features Dual 6L6 power tubes, 12AX7 preamp tubes, 12″ Eminence KEI12 Turbo speaker, two channels, adjustable boost circuit, long-tank spring reverb, effects loop, three-button footswitch.
Price $899 (retail).

The spring reverb is really nice and has a tone knob for the reverb so you can make it really dark or piercingly bright. The amp as a whole does the Fendery Blackface type sound really well - not too dissimilar from a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe but with a better (imo) gain channel.

Only problem with it is the LED on/off light has blown. I'm assured this is an easy fix and there are other lights on the top which indicate whether you're using the clean or dirty channel, so that's what I've always used anyway.

Amp comes with footswitch to enable the drive circuit, reverb and volume boost, and cable for footswitch.

Pictures available on request.

£200 collected from B36/B37 Birmingham or can meet up to an hour away.
Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5748
    I had one of these with the main light not working and that went up Birmingham way. These are absolutely amazing amps that sound wonderful in so many settings. Sadly for me, I seem to always go for one trick pony and recalcitrant amps that make life more difficult. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    I had one of these with the main light not working and that went up Birmingham way. These are absolutely amazing amps that sound wonderful in so many settings. Sadly for me, I seem to always go for one trick pony and recalcitrant amps that make life more difficult. 
    The previous owner said the light was gone when he bought it - it might just be your old one!
  • WITHDRAWN - I don't think it's possible to get anything as good for the money, so withdrawing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Back up for sale.

Am moving out soon and into a little flat. Need the money and the space, so this is back up for sale.
  • Geoff Whitehorn has used these in the past, that's got to be a good recommendation...
  • They are amazing indeed. I wish I knew now that I would have the space for it, but a lot of the places I'm looking I doubt I'd get any use out of
  • Still available bump
  • Anyone?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Total bargain.
  • Still no takers? £200 for a giggable Fender voiced valve amp? You know you want to
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    These are great. GLWTS 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2631
    Hey, @YellowLedBetterMan - my curiosity was piqued, so I googled it and you should really post photos - I don't mean that in a nagging way, but this is a seriously cool-looking amp. I'd be all over it, but a combination of being in London w/ no car + no money + no space means not. But GLWTS. What colour leather is it? On Google images it comes in several colours. 
  • It is the black variant with the silver/metallic piping and logo. It does look fantastic imo. Always said it would look right at home in the diner from Pulp Fiction - very much that vibe with the tuck and roll.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7847
    edited July 2022
    Every time I see one of these for sale, I want to buy it and rescue it. They seem to go for such stupidly low price, and are such great amps. I’ve had 2. These kick the ass if a Fender HRD for
    a fraction of the money. James Brown (amps designer) designed these, and they have such a fab reputation. 

I had an old Cannabis Rex in the garage, and replaced then original speaker, with great results. 

Only sold it as I had too many amps (indeed I have four valve amps right now, too many for a guy who likely will never gig again). 

Someone please buy this amp, you won’t regret it, it’s a crazy good deal, and it sounds better than a HRD, and has a fabulous drive channel (unlike the HRD). 

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Shipping an option?
  • thomasw88 said:
    Shipping an option?
    Unfortunately no shipping but if you let me know where you are, I'll see what I can do to get it there.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    Aberdeenshire 
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 452
    Am interested. Do let me know if you are ever anywhere near North London
  • Sorry, sold