Can I rewire a strat so that the 2nd tone pot works on the bridge, in addition to master tone pot

What's Hot
I would like to roll off the treble on the bridge, and have the middle tone pot as a master

Has anyone seen any good circuits?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Disconnect the wire that goes to the neck pickup tone pot at the switch end, and connect that to the top terminal of the volume control, or to the link between the two halves of the switch, whichever is easier. That's now a master tone control.

Then disconnect the wire that goes to the middle pickup tone pot at the switch end, and connect that to the unused terminal on the tone control side of the switch - ie move it along one. (Or just the one closest to the link to the volume pot, if it was already wired to both middle and bridge pickups.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    edited April 2021
    Wot he said.

Other than having different capacitor values, I'm not sure why anyone would want this mod. 
    Be seeing you.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    Wot he said.

Other than having different capacitor values, I'm not sure why anyone would want this mod. 
    just to tame the bridge when needed, without having to tweak the pot mid-solo

Ideally, I'd have a separate pot for each pickup, like an LP

Actually, tone for Neck+Mid and another for bridge could also work
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963

Actually, tone for Neck+Mid and another for bridge could also work
    That’s really easy to do. Just connect the upper tone pot to both neck and middle terminals, and the lower one to the bridge terminal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom