Gig bag recommendations

What's Hot
Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
I recently picked up the Fender FE610 gig bag and was surprised to find that my Stratocaster only just fit in it, and my ESP PS1000 which is an inch or 2 longer had no chance of fitting.

Any recommendations for gig bags that are big enough for longer guitars but around the £50/60 price point?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got a Protection Racket bag that has plenty of room for my superstrats, and some movable bits of padding to ensure it's a snug fit. It's got semi-rigid sides too:

Just realised that it's slightly over your budget, but I think it's worth the money.

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    edited April 2021
    I’ve got a Fusion semi-rigid bag with movable padding which will hold a superstrat. Over budget but, like @skullfunkerry, I figure it’s worth spending a bit more if it protects your prized guitars. I’ve damaged enough guitars by using gigbags that aren’t really up to the job.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    The older PRS SE gigbags are great and you can sometimes find them second hand for reasonable money. At some point a few years ago they changed the thickness of the padding in them and made it significantly thinner, hence the older ones are best if you can find them. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    The Suhr ones re superb. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    I've got a Protection Racket bag that has plenty of room for my superstrats, and some movable bits of padding to ensure it's a snug fit. It's got semi-rigid sides too:

Just realised that it's slightly over your budget, but I think it's worth the money.
    I’ve just bought one of these for my Reverend 12 string. I agree with @skullfunkerry - well worth the money.
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 232
    I bought a few of the TGI Extreme ones recently to replace a few tatty Fender ones, very nice with padding all round and seem to sell out quickly...
    https://www.peachguitars.com/accessories/gig-bags/tgi-gigbag-electric-extreme-series-.htm

Had a Mono that fell apart in a few years and Reunion Blues that are overpriced, the TGI is every bit as good in terms of quality.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a few of the TGI Extreme ones recently to replace a few tatty Fender ones, very nice with padding all round and seem to sell out quickly...
    https://www.peachguitars.com/accessories/gig-bags/tgi-gigbag-electric-extreme-series-.htm

Had a Mono that fell apart in a few years and Reunion Blues that are overpriced, the TGI is every bit as good in terms of quality.

That looks really good
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I bought a few of the TGI Extreme ones recently to replace a few tatty Fender ones, very nice with padding all round and seem to sell out quickly...

That looks really good
    I’ve just bought 2 of these that are due to arrive tomorrow. One is for my G&L tele the other for my Charvel pro mod. I’ve had the Mono bags/sleeves in the past but couldn’t stretch to 2 of those. These look to be very similar but a hell of a lot cheaper.
    edited April 2021
    I bought a few of the TGI Extreme ones recently to replace a few tatty Fender ones, very nice with padding all round and seem to sell out quickly...

That looks really nice. What’s the padding like round the sides? The description only mentions the front and back.

Edit - Just ordered their last one.

These are excellent . A couple of my students have got them. I’m about to buy a couple to replace my now very worn prs se cases. They look to be as equally as good.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22715
    The older PRS SE gigbags are great and you can sometimes find them second hand for reasonable money. At some point a few years ago they changed the thickness of the padding in them and made it significantly thinner, hence the older ones are best if you can find them. 
    That's interesting to know, I've got a couple of older ones and they're exactly the same as the current S2 bags, just different colours and logos.  They are really good.

I guess when they started making the S2s they thought they should (or could) downgrade the SE bags.
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    Second the Fusion bags
    edited April 2021

I ordered one of these on the strength of this thread. It arrived this morning. I have to say that it looks to be really well made, is substantially padded, and was a good deal cheaper than my Fusion gig bag. Great recommendation. Thanks.