Power solutions for an rare/awkward Deluxe Memory Man

What's Hot
jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
So after receiving one broken Deluxe Memory Man (which I'm still waiting on a refund for), I found another one which seems to be a bit of an oddity. It was possibly made during the hard-wired power cable era but.. without the hard wired cable, it was made for export, so AnalogMan says: 

"Some old Electro-Harmonix pedals came with a power jack instead if an attached AC cord. I think these were made for export markets, even Canada, as people could get power supplies for the countries they lived in."

And it just so happens that this Deluxe Memory Man is an awkward bastard. It seems to demand 24v, AC, 1/8" barrel power. Here are some pictures of the pedal winging it's way to me: 

So, my issue is that my pedalboard should end up comprising of: 

- Deluxe Memory Man, 24v, AC, 1/8" barrel 
- Van Amps Sole Mate, 12v AC 
- 5-7 regular old 9-12v, DC pedals, all analogue so I can daisy chain 1/2 if needs be 

I'm currently using a Voodoo Labs PP2+, which I'm resigned to losing as I don't think it'll work. I investigated this, the CIOKS AC10: 

But because I need one of the AC sections for the Sole Mate, I was wondering if I could use something like the GigRig Electroman to pump the 9v AC to 24v AC and then adapt the barrel type to fit the Deluxe Memory Man: 

'If you love your Memory Man but the wall wart gets you down, your prayers have been answered. Our wonderful ElectroMan 9-24V DC adapter simply plugs on to the end of a Distributor cable being powered by the Generator. Ideal for use with 24V DC Electro Harmonix pedals, Diamond Memory Lane and any other pedal that requires an isolated 24V DC supply with 2.5mm centre positive input. TheGigRig 9-24V adapter will provide a clean supply and isolate the pedal it supplies from all the other pedals in exactly the same way as using the pedals own wall power supply. What’s more, the 9-24V adapter will provide reverse isolation, so crosstalk between its-self and other pedals will be eliminated.

Technical

POWER - 9v in/ 24v 300 mA Reverse polarity out

PLUG - 2.5mm Centre Pos'

-

This is all a bit over my head but I'm hopeful that there's a solution that means I don't have to use external power supplies. Any insight would be tremendously well received! I've really tapped into the knowledge base of this forum lately and I appreciate each and every one of you. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    edited April 2021
    You'd be better off avoiding a charge-pump based solution like the gigrig 

A doubler cable off two 12vAC is better.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Gassage said:
    You'd be better off avoiding a charge-pump based solution like the gigrig 

A doubler cable off two 12v is better.

Completely brainfarted that any pump from GigRig will be DC, too. If there was some kind of power solution that had 4x 12v AC outs, I'd be in luck! 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Yes - it's 24V *AC* you need, not DC.

You would be better to replace the mini-jack socket with a barrel jack, they're more reliable - and if you do that, there's a good chance you'll be able to get an off-the-shelf power supply that will fit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    There's a few of the Yankee power supplies that have multiple AC outputs. Polish company so I'm not sure who sells them (Thomann maybe?).

• 26.226.2 Frets: 519
    I’ve got the Gigrig adapter and it works well. What’s the problem with it? 
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    26.2 said:
    He needs 24v AC power not 24v DC
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 519
    77ric said:
    26.2 said:
    He needs 24v AC power not 24v DC
    I’ve got a newer XO DMM - according to the EHX blurb it needs 24V DC, hence why mine works I guess. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    If you go for this design, which is fairly common you can use a premade barrel to mini jack adapter cable .... it's AC so polarity is irrelevent on the adapter cable 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-ADAPTOR-SH-24V0150IP20-OUTPUT-24VAC-150MA-3-6VA-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION/254942078500?hash=item3b5bbb6624:g:HewAAOSwUEhgdzcO

This one is 150mA though at 24V so voltage will be a little higher with the lighter 100mA load, to be sure get a 100 or 120mA type. 

Means running an extra cable I know which is a pain ... I have a pedal that uses 17V AC so have to do the same
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Thanks everyone! I’ve solved this by purchasing a CIOKS AC10, doubling up the 12v AC outs and adapting to 3.5mm