Have I missed something - is this now ballpark?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8018
edited April 2021 in Guitar
Or just an over-optimistic seller? 

https://i.imgur.com/nKvzr6p.jpg

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Thats a few hundred pounds over-optimistic for the NOS version, but only about £100 too optimistic for the roadworn version.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I really wanted one of these when they came out, but I don't think I'd pay that much. It is, after all, just a jaguar with humbuckers, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Sold a NOS one a few years ago for £1200, It's probably the upper echelons of what someone would pay. Kinda wich I'd kept it now as I'd love to play one again. Great guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6914
    tFB Trader
    I've seen them advertised by private sellers at over £2K
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 320
    You can get a japanese version, with a normal jaguar headstock for less. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Hydra19 said:
    You can get a japanese version, with a normal jaguar headstock for less. 
    At that point it ceases to be the same guitar though
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Market value + naughty surcharge to compensate for eBay fees.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Thats a few hundred pounds over-optimistic for the NOS version, but only about £100 too optimistic for the roadworn version.
    Not laughing at you, just at what it really means...

"When I were a lad", a second hand example of something in poor condition was always worth a lot less than a pristine one.

Even now, one that started as NOS and is in rough condition due to genuine use will be worth less, whereas one that was fucked at the factory is worth more. You couldn't make it up really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8018
    ICBM said:

"When I were a lad", a second hand example of something in poor condition was always worth a lot less than a pristine one.

Even now, one that started as NOS and is in rough condition due to genuine use will be worth less, whereas one that was fucked at the factory is worth more. You couldn't make it up really.
    Have a Wiz for that...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• ICBM said:

Have a Wiz for that...
    Amen. I’ve been away from guitars for over 20 years and the whole relic thing passed me by. I just don’t get the appeal; I’d rather have a ‘fresh’ one and make my mark on it over time as it were.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1553
    Or just an over-optimistic seller? 

https://i.imgur.com/nKvzr6p.jpg
    That and worse - bizarrely, those Cobain Mustangs at £2k plus still haven’t sold.

I wonder why ?!