What's Hot

Comments

• Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    With a whopping 20% off. Won’t hang around long :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 125
    Bargain of the week.
  • “Limited edition, contains a clone of Eddie Van Halen’s cerebral cortex, will play the guitar for you...”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    The seller must be sniffing glue...
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    "Got other modeler in the mean time so I don’t really need to keep this one but also not in a hurry to sell it."

Good job you're not in a hurry to sell it.... Can't see it going anywhere at that price any time soon!!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Now that a fair amount of people have had it, the sheen is wearing off it and more balanced opinions are coming out. It doesn't appear that the hype was real. 

This guy is crazy asking for this. 

The Quad will probably drop to EU 500-600 by the end of the year.I hope people start recognizing the hype on products since
    hype really inflates life. Hopefully this mentality will change.
    I've seen heaps and heaps of Positive Grid Spark 40 amps/Boss GT 1000/Line 6 Helix etc for sale used and that hype seems to be over too.

• From what I have seen of the unit in the flesh, the hype delivers and under-delivers at the same time.

- The Neural Capture tech is very good. It's a taste thing, but I prefer it to my Kemper.
    - And it is WAY WAY WAY simpler to capture an amp with the QC than with the Kemper - the autoset levels feature is a life saver.
    - The amp modelling is very good. And the stock amps at launch have everything a high-gainer could need!
    - The effects are a mixed bag.
    - The DSP allocation is confusing people; people are trying to make huge chains with 4 reverbs and 4 delays and all that; and it's currently not possible to do that. Allegedly it's more to do with memory than DSP grunt.
    - If it can never do Helix style 18 blocks in a single patch, it won't be the end of the world for me personally, but I think a lot of people will feel like the capabilities were oversold.

But yeah, trying to sell it at a 100% mark-up 2nd hand... 'koff.

Bye!

adamino said:

The Quad will probably drop to EU 500-600 by the end of the year.I hope people start recognizing the hype on products since
    hype really inflates life. Hopefully this mentality will change.
    I've seen heaps and heaps of Positive Grid Spark 40 amps/Boss GT 1000/Line 6 Helix etc for sale used and that hype seems to be over too.

I don't think it's that drastic. It'll keep its retail price and will do well but the used prices will come down a lot, especially once they're readily available. 

yes my mistake ,
    what i meant was 
    The Quad will probably drop to EU 500-600 by the end of the year...I was referring to used.
    edited April 2021
    I think you'd be looking at £1100 or so used for one this time next year. A third of its retail price is too low a drop in my opinion.