NPD - Mooer DT Whooshey Thingy

littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4973
Probably very late to the party, but as a total Devin Townsend fanboi I bought a Mooer Ocean Machine. Have to admit I was reluctant as Mooer have often been touted as "cheap", but first impressions have proved my apprehensions were very much unfounded.

First up, the thing is built like a tank. Solid aluminium housing, metal inputs/outputs, sturdy soft switches and all the dials are proper knurled knobs- no plastic on show anywhere except the usual programming buttons.

Just got it delivered today so I've only played with DT's presets so far and they alone would be worth the entry fee but the potential this thing has is HUGE! Two delays,a reverb and a 44 second looper in one box? Yes please.

Each delay has 9 different types as does the 'verb, plus a Shimmer control for the reverb (never had a shimmer reverb before and OMG how have I coped without that in the past?). And all 3 can be positioned in any order D-D-R, R-D-D, D-R-D, etc... Matching up that with my Ditto looper will be interesting.

It's going to take a LONG TIME to get my head around the full potential of this piece of ambient loveliness but for now just sitting off creating soundscapes is keeping me very entertained. Took 3 days to deliver from Thomann and was £159 + £40 customs fees, could have got it from Andertons for a fiver cheaper but they had no stock 'til late summer.

In short, super happy with this pedal :D

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom