'Law Guitars' seem to be hiding some important details.

What's Hot
loveagood69loveagood69 Frets: 123
edited April 2021 in Guitar
Here is a custom shop telecaster for £3000. There is no mention of a P90 route or a post factory sanded neck.

These issues WERE mentioned when it went up for sale on facebook by a guy called Dan a few weeks back. 

I'm not impressed.

Here is the ebay link...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265125925916

Here is the facebook ad that i presume he bought it from, clearly stating it had been routed and sanded. I remember it being listed at around 2k ...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 231
    Another one pops up, the seller in question lowballed something I had for sale ages ago and was ignored...he's been posting stuff on FB for a while now too, quite easy to find. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7083
    And this "Shipping is at buyers own risk."

Good luck with that on 
    eBay 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited April 2021
    Screenshot-12

Is this a new thing, where ebay now grey out the letters of previous user names. Don't think they used to. He's changed it this month after being on ebay 8 years. I'm guessing it was something like Zack Law?, and maybe too identifiable for his new bedroom dealer plans?.

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Surely 'Above the Law Guitars' would be a better name
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    "Against The Law Guitars" more like. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    merlin said:
    Damn you Merlin, thats better than mine !
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    Another one pops up, the seller in question lowballed something I had for sale ages ago and was ignored...he's been posting stuff on FB for a while now too, quite easy to find. 

This^

That Tele - and a lot of other guitars - are for sale by the same guy on various FB groups.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Ah, wondered why that tit was suddenly low balling me for my EBMM Valentine
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    The flipping doesn't bother me, the misleading does. Be funny to comment on Facebook ads the link to this thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    MikeS said:
    Screenshot-12

Is this a new thing, where ebay now grey out the letters of previous user names. Don't think they used to. He's changed it this month after being on ebay 8 years. I'm guessing it was something like Zack Law?, and maybe too identifiable for his new bedroom dealer plans?.
    ZL is correct :-) think full first name...
    merlin said:
    That old Judas Priest song springs to mind too "Breaking the Law guitars"
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    ‘Fuck the Law Guitars’
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited April 2021
    Who facilitates these pricks? Why would you want to pay over inflated prices for something with a bit of research and patience you can get yourself from a genuine player/seller or even new? I just don’t get this whole bedroom seller thing. 

• rossirossi Frets: 1699
    Dont make Zak wild......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    From the thread title I thought you were talking about SVL guitars and the fact there’s no mention on his website or elsewhere that he buys in the bodies and necks for his builds.

As you were.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • loveagood69loveagood69 Frets: 123
    @fretfinder Ha ha! I'd crawl over broken glass to own one if Simon's guitars. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Yet another suspect private seller masquerading as a dealer but offering no such cover or guarantees. Reverb and Ebay are pretty much a no go area now. Facebook marketplace and sellers groups there are the same too, just full of guys pretending to be privates when they have 20 guitars for sale across the many specific groups. All I can say is from my friends at HMRC is that their movements and activities are being scrutinised. 
    @Strat54 ; How do you know that some of them don't own registered buisness or are sole traders that adher to consumer law but merely use Facebook as a way of reaching a wider customer basis? 

There are a lot of shady, shit show del-boy traders on there for sure, but is it fair to assume every single one isn't above board? 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    One home-based dealer near me consistently states he is vat registered, which just makes me think what a shitload of guitars he must be turning over!
    @horse It doesn't take as much as you'd think. One custom shop going out the door a week will put you close to or above the 85k mark :)