Things that DON'T do what they say on the Tin

What's Hot

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Neill said:
    AlexC said:
    Neill said:
    At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, Boris Johnson should be top of this list.

Eh? He's a complete 'what you see is what you get' thing. A misogynistic, egotistical Etonian who promised to railroad Brexit along come hell or high water. And that's what he's done and who is. That's what the majority of people voted for.
    A few examples of why he is most definitely the opposite of wysiwyg.

He promised to get Brexit done "do or die" by the 31st of October - he didn't.

He promised not to prorogue parliament, he did.

He promised to build 40 new hospitals during the life of this government - he won't.

He promised to "lie down in front of the bulldozers" to stop the Heathrow airport expansion - you get the general idea with this....

I could, sadly, go on, and on.  The man is a liar, a charlatan, a fraud.  He conned the British public to vote to leave Europe, there's no doubt about that.  How many of those coastal fishing towns would have voted for Brexit if they had known what an insipid deal they were going to get?  After being told that they would be "taking back control" of our fishing grounds.

Yes - but do you think he's doing a good job? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Cilite Bang. Firstly it doesn't bang and as a cleaner it's bloody useless.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    Those high frequency emitting cat scarers. Our neighbors cats would just ignore it. I am sure they managed to find a test cat somewhere where it works.
    My cat seems to really like the one my neighbors got, she likes to sit next to it on a sunny afternoon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    The Chuckle Brothers
    Any country with the word ‘Democratic’ in its name
    Military Intelligence 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    AlexC said:
    Neill said:
    AlexC said:
    Neill said:
    At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, Boris Johnson should be top of this list.

Eh? He's a complete 'what you see is what you get' thing. A misogynistic, egotistical Etonian who promised to railroad Brexit along come hell or high water. And that's what he's done and who is. That's what the majority of people voted for.
    A few examples of why he is most definitely the opposite of wysiwyg.

He promised not to prorogue parliament, he did.

He promised to build 40 new hospitals during the life of this government - he won't.

He promised to "lie down in front of the bulldozers" to stop the Heathrow airport expansion - you get the general idea with this....

I could, sadly, go on, and on.  The man is a liar, a charlatan, a fraud.  He conned the British public to vote to leave Europe, there's no doubt about that.  How many of those coastal fishing towns would have voted for Brexit if they had known what an insipid deal they were going to get?  After being told that they would be "taking back control" of our fishing grounds.

Yes - but do you think he's doing a good job? ;)

Ha ha, according to his personal approval ratings, bizarrely, an awful lot of folk think so.  

• DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    We can safely take it that you don't like Boris Johnson then.........
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Neill said:

Just to clarify, was it the not getting Brexit ‘done’ or the fact that he didn’t ‘die’ that bothered you most? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18738
    Meanwhile, back on topic  ;)
    Swedish delicacy  'Surströmming'.

Fermented rotten herring...
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    A telecaster. It's been sitting next to the TV for years not once has it tries to cast the TV across the room
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Non stick rice.
    Most non stick pans.
    Non stick rice cooked in a non stick pan. 
    It’s usually all sticky.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5429
    80/20 "bronze" acoustic strings. They are 80% copper and 20% zinc. Any alloy of copper and zinc is brass. Every time. All day long. Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin, not zinc. See any chemistry textbook.

(Phosphor bronze stings, however, are exactly what it says on the tin.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Finding a decent can opener
    Magican. Thank me later
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    ... outdoor wood preserver, ...
    This. I painted it on but I went droopy the minute I stepped outside. The girlfriend was not impressed.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Nitromors paint stripper. As effective as a wet wipe.
    ^ because all the Euro legislation caused the ferocious elements to be removed HOWEVER ......run a hair dryer over the Nitromors area for a bit.........some heat activates it and gives it back some balls 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268

Clumping cat litter. IF you're lucky, every tenth bag you buy will do something vaguely associated with the word clumping, but the other nine, not a chance.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    Fender.

Doesn't keep my ships from bumping the docks...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Anything that says ‘easy to assemble’. Well, not for me, it won’t be. Maybe a 2 piece jigsaw, but I wouldn’t be confident.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    "serves one" - Not a chance little more than a starter.

"serves two" - Nope, serves one and I'm still peckish.

"family size" - Nope, serves two at a stretch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    DB1 said:
    Anything that says ‘easy to assemble’. Well, not for me, it won’t be. Maybe a 2 piece jigsaw, but I wouldn’t be confident.

In the days when MFI Furniture was a thing they had a slogan ...."So simple a 10 year old could assemble it "
    After struggling with a simple wardrobe in my first flat I phoned them and asked if they could send a 10 year old around please !
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom